Chapter 8: Saving Max

I couldn't believe my eyes; Oyster and Evan just freaking saw me approach Hiddenville High with a jet pack, wearing both my supersuit and cape! "Cherry, what did you do?" I asked my bestie with a very stern stare. "Oh, was I not supposed to tell these two?" she asked in reply. "No! That's why I didn't tell you until a few minutes ago over the freaking phone!" "Whoops," Cherry said, looking more guilty than a ten-year-old kid who just broke his parents' priceless vase. "Don't worry, Phoebe," Oyster assured. "Your secret's safe with us, right Evan?" Evan couldn't even respond; he just stood there mouth agape, still in shock because of what he just witnessed. "See, he's not even saying a word! He's doing a hell of a job keeping it a secret already!" I sighed and shook my head. "Well, if you had to tell a couple of people Cherry, at least it was just these 2," I said. "So does that mean I can still go with you to Metroberg to save your brother?" she asked me eagerly. "Yes," I said with a chuckle, rolling my eyes. "Yay!" she yelled before hugging me so damn tight. After a few seconds, sounding like I was strained I told her, "Ok, you can let go now." "Oh, sorry!" she said as she let go.

"Hey, can Evan and I come too?" Oyster asked. "I mean, Max IS our best friend as well." I was both reluctant and hesitant, but I sighed and said, "Sure, I'll just have Cherry hold onto me really tight and use my telekinesis to guide you two in the air with us with one hand each." "Great, come on Evan!" Evan was still standing there like he was paralyzed. Oyster then hit him in the chest in order for him to snap out of it. "Phoebe has superpowers!" Evan yelled as he finally came around. "Shhh!" I scolded angrily. "For Christ sake, Evan; keep your voice down! Now let's go to Metroberg."

And with that, we were off and got to our destination in a jiffy. I called the head of the Hero League, Super President Kickbutt, on my Apple watch along the way to see if she knew the whereabouts of V.L.'s new location. She told me that it was on the most infamous street in Metroberg that up until that point not even the top notorious super villains would set a toe, let alone a whole foot, on-Roosevelt St. Unlike 5th Ave. in New York or Bourbon St. in New Orleans, Roosevelt St. in Metroberg is NOT a street that is looked at in a positive way. People have turned off of the Main St. onto Roosevelt St., and guess how many of them have come back? NONE! No one who has never went down that street knows what to expect. One time back when Max was evil, he almost tricked my ass into going down that street. But thankfully, Mom and Dad warned me about the street before Max could even trick me.

My friends and I had to be extra careful on this superhero mission. "Alright, everyone stick close to me," I instructed my friends. "My boss Kickbutt said it was about 3 blocks down, so it should take us no more than 5 minutes on foot." "Got it," all 3 of them said simultaneously. It's a dark and scary street, and come to think of it it's not really hard to believe an evil super villain would risk their life on this street for a new site for their headquarters as a last resort. But one thing that whoever the hell constructed their new HQ didn't count on was superheroes such as myself are willing to risk our lives as well to save a loved one...even if the type of love that's being referred to is forbidden. I just had to both hope and pray that upon going down this dreaded Roosevelt St., the Thunder Twins' forbidden love doesn't conclude the same exact way that Romeo and Juliet's did...if you know what I mean.

By the grace of God, we got to the new Villain League's headquarters safe and sound. The new headquarters was basically a resemblance of an old, abandoned haunted house. You would think that these assholes would upgrade just a tad at the bare minimum, jeez! All 4 of us were scared, but I in the least bit had to suck it up because my brother was in there, superheroes NEVER give up no matter how freaking terrified, and I literally just faced my fear on a used-to-be frightening amusement park ride there in Metroberg just a few days prior. I told my friends that it was alright and to follow me. I was like screw knocking on the damn door and waiting for someone to unlock it and answer. I told Oyster that, being the strong rebel he is, to break the door down. "No prob," he said. Like it wasn't even an issue to complete the task, he broke down the door just like that! I high-fived my weirdly-named, bad boy friend to congratulate him and then all 4 of us went inside.

We walked down a pretty dark hall with candles lit up all over and pictures on the wall of the most dangerous villains that have ever walked upon this earth...including the late Dark Mayhem. The one thing we weren't prepared for when walking down this hall were booby-traps! Evan stepped on a specific floor tile that triggered something to make a huge-ass wrecking ball come out freaking nowhere! It almost hit us, but I used my telekinesis to move it the opposite direction from us and put it at a stand-still to make it stop swinging. Something else activated in the building must sense motion, because 3 very sharp butcher knives came flying from slots in the wall and almost killed Cherry as she walked by, but I warned her to duck just in time. Oyster tripped an invisible wire, and then marbles spilled from a bucket to make us trip and fall. It took us all a few seconds to get back up and continue walking down the hall. We were close to the end of it and then the last booby-trap got me-a rope trap. I didn't even see it, because we had passed all of the candles that lit up the hall. "Damn it! Can one of you get me down from here?" I asked. "On it!" Cherry said, running back a few feet to grab one of the 3 knives that came from the wall. She used the knife to cut me down, and then with just a few steps left to take we made it to the end of the hall.

We were in a huge, dark room; we had absolutely no idea where to go. All of a sudden, a dark figure, whom we could barely see courtesy of the lit candles in the hallway from a few feet behind us, approached before us. Scared out of his mind, Evan jumped into Cherry's arms. "Who is that?!" he asked. "I d-don't kn-know," I stuttered, hella nervous. I ordered this creepy figure to show himself. He raised up his left hand, like he was about to ball up a fist. But what he was really doing was pulling a string that was hard to see from where we were standing. It was a string that turned on the light in the room. I couldn't believe who it was when that light turned on. It was the second most evil villain behind Dark Mayhem...KING CRAB! He was the one running the new V.L. headquarters since Dark Mayhem passed away. Why is he called King CRAB you ask? He has a huge-ass crab claw for a freaking hand! He also has buck teeth (and they're crooked as hell), so he's basically Spongebob and Mr. Krabs mixed together!

"Oh my God, it's King Crab!" I exclaimed. "What?!" Cherry yelled, dropping Evan on the floor. Then she followed it up with the question, "Wait, who the hell is King Crab?" "One of the top 3 most notorious and dangerous evildoers in the world," I explained as Oyster helped Evan back up, who said, "So he's the one that kidnapped Max?" "That's right," K.C. said with a sinister tone and devilish grin. "I kidnapped your precious brother who turned both soft and his back on the entire Villain League, destroying the best super villain our clique has ever been blessed to have! So in honor of D.M., this is my way of revenge!" He followed all of that up with an evil laugh. "Where's my brother, King CRAP?!" I demanded this big clawed joke of a villain. "What did those 2 goons you hired to kidnap him do with him?!"

I was so pissed at this bastard that I wanted to drop kick his ass; he made me so sick just looking at him! "Before I even tell you where Max is, let me reveal to you who the 2 'goons' are," he said. "Come on out, ladies!" "Ladies?" Evan asked, curiously excited. Cherry, Oyster and I looked at him like, "What the hell, dude?" The unknown pair of girls came out, and when they did I was even more shocked than a couple of minutes ago when I saw King Crab reveal himself!

NOTE: SORRY TO END THIS ON ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER, BUT ISN'T THIS STORY GETTING JUICIER BY THE SECOND?! LOL ANYWAY, WHO DO YOU GUYS THINK ARE THE 2 UNKNOWN GIRLS? DO Y'ALL HAVE A PRETTY GOOD GUESS? THE ANSWER WILL BE REVEALED SOMETIME LATER THIS WEEK WHEN I PUBLISH THE NINTH CHAPTER, SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT! AND I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT-OUT TO A USER NAMED "SHYGUY_1839" FOR CREATING IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE BEST "THUNDERMANS" FANFICTION STORY I HAVE READ ON WATTPAD SO FAR: "WHAT SHE NEEDS". THE PLOTLINE WAS SO TOP NOTCH THAT I GOT HOOKED ON IT AND COULDN'T STOP READING IT! IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ THAT ONE YET, PLEASE DO; YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! ALSO, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS SHARE WITH ME YOUR TOP FIVE FAVORITE "THUNDERMANS" EPISODES? I'M CURIOUS TO HEAR Y'ALL OPINIONS! MINE ARE: RESTAURANT CRASHERS, PARENTS JUST DON'T THUNDERSTAND, ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE PARK?, CHUTES AND SPLATTERS AND WEEKEND GUEST (HONORABLE MENTIONS: CRIME AFTER CRIME, WHO'S YOUR MOMMY? AND KISS ME NATE).