Chapter 30

Thanks so much for all the great comments. You are all wonderful fans to have. I'm glad that you enjoy reading the story. It's been so much fun to write. I hope you enjoy this new chapter. 

Alexander slipped the sunglasses on. Since finding out that Greta had left his property without any proper protection and without so much as a warning to him, he hadn't been able to control his Lycan side. His eyes had been burning a permanent black. He wasn't going to be able to head out into the human public with his eyes reflecting his Lycan nature.

"Mr. Waslow?"

Alexander didn't even bother hiding the growl that flew from his lips. He turned his blacken glare at the young man standing by his office door. "I don't have time for you right now, Patrick. Not to mention you are no longer on your leader's property. You are standing in my clan, and Greta's not here to protect you from me. So, go back to your clan's property."

Patrick shifted from foot to foot. He had grown up hearing horror stories about Alexander. More than once, his older siblings had actually threatened him with stories of Alexander coming to get him to scare him into obedience. And the stories worked. Even now, the stories continued to work. He wanted to turn around and head back to the safety of his clan, but he had to talk to Alexander about Greta. After all, Greta was his leader. He would do anything to keep his leader safe. "Mr. Waslow, my leader isn't happy with you."

"Well, then the two of us have something in common. I'm not happy with her right now." Alexander grabbed the keys from his top desk drawer and headed out of his office only to be stopped by Patrick. "Look, son, move out of my way. I'm going to get Greta, and your presence in my office will not stop me. I will go through you if I have to, and we both know that I won't have much trouble going through you."

"That would bother Miss Klassen."

"Which is the only reason I haven't pummeled you yet, Goetz." Alexander ran a very agitated hand through his hair. "Now move out of my way before I physically move you out of my way. I'm going to go get her."

"I want you to," Patrick agreed. "Miss Klassen is human, and any rogue Lycan looking to take over a clan, small though it may be, will go after her."

"I'm well aware of her weakness."

"Do you know where she is?" Patrick asked.

"I have ways to find her, Patrick. You will stop worrying. Go do your homework. Miss Klassen will expect you and Isabella to continue in a normal routine."

"So you intend on bringing her back here?"

"She belongs here," Alexander said possessively.

Patrick stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I agree. Otherwise I wouldn't be here."

For the umpteenth time, Alexander ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, why are you here?"

"I wanted you to know who Miss Klassen contacted this morning."

If Alexander's eyes could have gone any blacker, they would have as more anger surged through his body. "If it was either your father or Isabella's father, they will both be dead."

"It wasn't," Patrick was quick to put in to prevent his own father's death at Alexander's hands. Patrick admired his father and knew that his father was a strong leader of his own clan, and for the longest time Patrick was sure no one on earth could have taken his father down. But Patrick hadn't ever seen Alexander without Greta there to soothe his angry side.

"Then who, Patrick? Speak. I don't have all day."

"Cenek."

Alexander let the anger ripple down his body. He could feel the hair on the back of his neck and hands start to grow. For the briefest moment he wanted to shift into his Lycan form and track Cenek down to finally kill him. He should have taken the man out when he was in the Czech Republic. Knowing that he couldn't leave his property as a half human, Alexander once more reigned in his anger until only his eyes showed his true lineage. "You may go now, Patrick."