Chapter 34

Greta returned back to school on Thursday. Since she had already planned on running from Alexander before she actually took off, she had gotten a replacement for her class for Tuesday and Wednesday. Granted she had thought that Alexander would have found her sooner and she wouldn't have had to use the replacement for Wednesday, but it had taken Alexander a day to find her. And, despite getting back to Alexander's manor early Wednesday morning, he had convinced her not to head back to school for the afternoon.

So now it was Thursday. Greta walked into the school building with her guard not far behind her. She had expected the day to be like any other day, but she was about to find out just how lacking the shortage of mates were in the Lycan world.

Not being a Lycan herself, Greta wasn't really aware which students were or were not Lycans, but she was soon able to use process of elimination to deduce which students were Lycans based on the fact that they came up to congratulate her on her soon-to-be-mating process.

After the third student had come up to her, Greta turned and looked over her shoulder at Rook who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. "How do they know?"

"Know what?" he asked slightly confused. "You mean, how do they know that you and Alex are mates?"

"Exactly."

Rook smiled a bit. "Well, if you weren't aware, my leader has a bit of a reputation in our world that lets others know that he isn't someone to be trifled with." He was purposely being vague with his word choices so any non-Lycans going to the school didn't overhear his words. "Many of us thought he would never find his mate, so the idea that it is you, and you are what you are, is a pretty big shock to our world."

Greta shook her head because she couldn't handle the nonsense she felt that was coming with the fact that she was Alexander's mate, and she had not only asked for his name, but they were planning on having the mate binding ceremony in just a few days.

She headed for her classroom, stopping just outside her door. It was open already, a sign that the teacher she had fill in for her the past two days, didn't take the time to lock it up the evening before. It wasn't that she was worried about anything of value in her classroom, but she did like being in her classroom before it was overrun with the students for the day.

She could hear the students in the classroom, of the voices she immediately recognized Patrick's voice.

"She is. It's on Saturday," Patrick said.

"She's..." the voice was very low as if to keep the words from going any further than the door. "She's...she's a human," he finally finished.

Greta looked startled. She looked up at Rook who was near her side. "Gordon is a Lycan, too?"

Rook nodded his head. When Alexander had put his men on guard duty for Greta, he had ordered his men to keep all identities of Lycans a secret from her. But that order had been removed once she had asked for his name. Soon she would be as much in the Lycan world as if she were a Lycan herself.

"I know she is a human," Patrick said. "After all, she is my leader."

Greta noticed that he said those words with a bit of pride attached to them.

"Yeah, but she's planning on binding with Alexander Waslow. The Alexander Waslow. He is said to have wiped out an entire town of humans because they took peaches off the trees that grew on the border of his land. Surely he won't plan on keeping her alive."

Greta grabbed Rook's arm before he could go into the classroom and teach Gordon a lesson on how to talk about his leader. She shook her head at him, ordering without words to stay where he was.