Chapter 6.

"Its a sad day for the friends and family of Norman Reedus, as the search is on for him. Earlier tonight his car was found on fire in a ditch right outside the downtown L.A. area. A man was found at the car, but police have stated that the man, is in fact, not Mr. Reedus. As we speak, detectives, police officers, tracking dogs, and anyone who can help, are looking around the area in which the care was found. Hopefully, Mr. Reedus is found safe and sound soon. If you have any information about the accident, or where about Mr. Reedus is, please call the number below. We will have more on this story in the upcoming hour, thank you."

My mouth falls open and tears begin to pool at my feet. 

He's- No! I can't think that! I know he's okay! God, please let him be okay.

 I start to replay everything in my head, the making love, the sneaking around, they way he held me, the way he loved me, the way I loved him, the arguments, the flowers. What if I never get to see him again? My heart sinks at the thought that I may not ever see him again. 

"Danielle, say something," Tony begs. I stare out the window into the dark, rainy, California sky. It hardly ever rains, but I guess things happen. 

"Come on, Danielle," Jeremy tugs on my hand. 

"No," I snap at him. "I'll do what I want, when I want, and if I want to stand here silently, I will!" I shout. They both look at me with wide eyes. "I'm going to help," I grab my keys and jacket from the table and head for the door. 

"Oh, no you're not!" Tony says, moving past me to stand in front of the door.

"You're not my father, you're definitely not my mother, so get the fuck out of my way," I hiss through gritted teeth.  "Now, Tony!" 

"Danielle, you know I love you, but I'm with Tony on this one. You shouldn't go out there. Its rainy and late, you-" I send him a glare and he shuts up mid-sentence. "Tony I think you should just move," He says quietly rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I swear to god, if you're not home by one thirty I'm coming after you," Tony says shaking his head. 

"If you can find me," I whisper and run out the door before he has any time to change his mind. 

*

For some reason I find myself going to the downtown Denny's. Why? I should be looking for Norman. I should be making sure he's okay. But yet, I find myself somewhere else. My radio says twelve thirty-two and I shake my head. Good, Denny's should be pretty empty. 

I find a booth towards the front and order a coffee. I take my phone out of my jacket pocket, thank god I left it in there, and check if there are any updates on him. None. Just my luck. 

Please let him be okay, please let him be okay. 

I repeat those words over and over again in my mind until I'm sick of it. My phone buzzes and I answer it quickly without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?"  I answer rudely. 

"Danielle?"  He says out of breath 

"Norman? Norman!" My head pops up and my breath quickens. "Where are you? What happened?" 

"I'm at the old furnishing warehouse. Listen, I need you to go to my place, grabs any clothes you can, and put them in a suitcase. Bring them to me as soon as possible. When you get to my place count to one hundred and get out as fast as you can." His voice is hoarse and I can barely hear what he's saying. "Do you understand me?" I rub my forehead and nod, as if he can see me.