Chapter 10.

//.Third Person P.O.V.//

Music blared through the speakers while girls in lingerie danced in various places. Men watched closely, throwing money around like it was no big deal. 

"Hey, baby," She whispers to him. "I can give you a good time.. for a price," She laughs seductively. 

"I bet you could," He winks and smacks her behind. She puts her finger up and wiggles it around. 

"Not so fast," She smiles. "I think you and I both know what comes first," She holds out her hand and he reaches into his pocket pulling out a wad of cash. He pulls out a couple big bills and hands them to her. 

"Three hundred?" She looks shocked. Her mouth falls agape and she swallows hard. "You know what three hundred gets, right?" 

"Yep," He smirks. "The whole package," He winks and throws back another shot. "Come on, darlin'. Give me what I paid for," She closes her eyes tightly. She know if she does it, he will be pissed, furious. But, if she doesn't, she gets fired. She opens her eyes again, taking him in. He's gorgeous. His eyes are a soft blue color, with a little bit of green. She's never given 'the whole package', only dances. 

"Follow me," She gives a fake smile and he follows her. 

They enter a small, but cozy, room. Its a dark purple with black drapes, a black couch is pressed against the back wall, and a silver pole in the middle. She walks in and points to the couch, closing the door behind her. 

"I don't kiss on the mouth, number one rule. Second rule, condoms at all time. Doesn't matter if I'm just giving head. Third rule, I don't do anal. So, basically, you can get head, and fuck me. Sound good? Good." She gives a fake bitchy smile and walks over to a radio. "Anything you're interested in?" She asks, swaying her hips to the beat of the song. 

"No." He answers, out of breath. " C-Can you dance for me?" She laughs quietly at his stutter. 

"Of course, that is what I do, isn't it?" She laughs and begins to move around the pole, grinding her hips against it, moving up and down. "So, Mr.?" 

"Richard, call me Richard," 

"Richard," She smiles, still dancing around the pole. "Married? Kids?" He gives her a look and she shakes her head. "I like to know the person somewhat before I fuck them," He laughs and she stops dancing. "What?" She tilts her head to one side and he pats the seat beside him. 

"Come sit with me, Miss Harris," 

"What? How do you know my  name?"

"That doesn't matter, now does it?" He cuts her off. She swallows hard and he pats the seat beside him again. "Come sit next to me. Please," She nods slightly and does as he asks. "Good, girl," He whispers. 

He stares at her for a few seconds, she stares back. No one knows her real name, ever since her and Norman left the motel in a hurry, nothing has been the same, everything is made up. Where they're from, what they're names are, six months of running and no one knows who they are, who she is, except him.

Her eyes widen and her hand quickly makes contact with her mouth. The only people that know who they are, are the ones who are after Norman.

"You're one of them, aren't you?" Her breath hitches as his fingers softly trace her jawline. He stays quiet. "If you're one of them, why are you so nice?"

"I may be one of them but I know how to treat a woman. I also know that if you don't bring home a certain amount of money, he beats you.. that's why I gave you the three hundred," He gently rolls his thumb over her temple. She winces softly as his fingers glide across the bruise. 

"How do you know that?" She asks softly. 

"I've been watching you for them for a very, very, long time, Danielle. A few months ago we were after him, not you. You could have went home at any time, but you chose to go with him, and look where you are now." He looks around the room and takes a deep breath. "You're a very lovely woman, Miss Harris, you shouldn't be working in a strip club, being disgraced by men, and then go home to an abusive man," He whispers to her, his words running through her mind over and over again. She knows he's right.

"He never hit me before," She says letting out breath that she didn't know she was holding in. 

"I know," He shifts and turns to her, resting his arm on the back of the couch. "Its the drugs, Danielle. Like I said before, I've been watching the two of you for a very long time. I know what goes on that no one else could ever imagine," She shakes her head. "I, we, don't plan on hurting you, Danielle. We want to keep you safe. You have nothing to do with this. He killed our people, not you. And now that he's beating you, we want him even more."

"What are you going to do to him?" She asks hesitantly. He chuckles and shakes his head. 

"We're going to kill him," His face turns stern. "How long does three hundred get me?" 

"A hundred an hour," She gives a fake smile and shrugs. "Other girls charge more, but I only charge what I need." He nods. She bites her lip and he takes her hand in his, kissing her knuckles softly. Her breath hitches and her heart starts to beat faster. 

"Do you have a change of clothes? Can you leave?" She shakes her head and he looks at her with sincere eyes. "Can't, or afraid to? I told you, Danielle, I won't hurt you, and none of the others will either. You look like you could use something to eat? Come, lets get you changed and cleaned up." 

*

"My name isn't Richard," He smirks, taking a sip of coffee. "Its actually Ryan." 

"Ryan?" She smiles. "Its nice. Fits your face." They laugh together but she quickly stops. "I shouldn't be sitting here eating breakfast for dinner, laughing with the enemy." 

"How may times do I have to tell you? I'm not the bad guy, none of the others are either. Well, not unless you mess with us," He reaches over the table and caresses her cheek. "But Norman? He messed with us, he's the enemy." He whispers.

"I can see that, considering you followed us for five moths," 

"Six," He corrects her. "But, only because we had to, baby. Revenge is a bitch." He frowns. "I'm going to take you home now, Danielle," He pauses, finishing up his eggs. "And I'm going to give you my number. If he lays a finger on you, you call me. Understood?" She stays quiet and he raises an eyebrow. "Do. You. Understand?" He asks sternly. 

"Yes,I understand," She swallows hard and he hands her a piece of paper. 

"I don't care what time it is, I will not sit back and watch someone so fragile be beaten like some animal. Now, keep this somewhere he can't find it. Okay?" She nods and places it in her pocket. 

"I can, I can help pay for din-"

"No," He cuts her off. "Absolutely not. A lady should never pay for dinner. Well, not on the first date," He gives a wink and a smile, making her cheeks turn red. He holds out his hand towards her. "Come. Lets get you home." 

"Is it rude for me to ask what exactly happened between your people and Norman?" She asks hesitantly, not knowing the man in the driver seat, not knowing what he's capable of. 

"No," He chuckles softly. "It's not rude at all," He shakes his head, taking a deep breath. "Well, Norman has been doing drugs for the past three years, we were always his supply. Our drugs are the real stuff, not homemade chemicals. You pay a higher price for a better quality. Cocaine, Heroin, and Marijuana mostly, but sometimes we get other things that I would rather not mention," His eyes meet hers for a quick second, but he soon begins to speak again. "Norman was meeting with two of our men because he owed them, us, money. He refused to pay, guns got drawn, and our men ended up dead. End of story. Since then, we've been following you two. He thinks he's in the clear but he's got another thing coming."

~

Picture of Ryan (Ian Somerhalder) on the top/side.