Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Laura's POV*

 I'm running at a very fast pace, I trip and fall. I look up and recognize where I am. I'm back where I was running from the two teenage boys trying to save the girl. I'm trying to get up something or someone keeps glued to the ground. I scream "Help!" and a solid figure hit's me in my face. I yell out the pain and something else hits me in my stomach. A groan escapes my mouth as I try to hug my stomach to not feel the aching pain.  I let out a mix of tears and whimpers.

"Stop," I plead. More tears rolling down my cheek mixing with the blood in the concrete. "Please," I plead once more curling up like a lost puppy.

"Sorry princesses but our job isn't over yet,"  A guy says. The lights in the street aren't bright enough for me to him. Not even the moon's light. The only figure I see in his face is a smirk. I close my eyes and just wait for the worse.

"No!" I yell as I rise from my bed. I feel the sweat in my head and my breathing going quicker. My heart is pounding and my eyes are wet.

The lights in my room burn my eyes as my parents and my sister enter my room.  My mom gives me a worried look as she tugs some hair behind her ear.  "Are you ok?" she asks as she sits in my bed. "Obviously she's not." Vanessa says to my mom. My dad sits next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder trying to calm me if that's what he is doing.

"Vanessa can you get a glass of cold water please." She nods and heads down stairs. "Honey what happened?" my mom ask.  "I don't know I just woke up screaming; a nightmare probably," I say wiping my tears.

Vanessa appears at my door with a glass of water after a minute of silence. She hands it over to me and I drink the cold water as it slides down my throat cooling me down. I hand the empty glass to my mom. She puts her hands on top of mine and I manage a smile.

"What did you dream of honey?" my dad asks me. I breathe in air and say, "I was back ... in the st... street with the two guys and ..." I mutter and shake a bit.  I then start to tear up. My dad hugs me as his body wraps around mine trying to comfort me. My mom joins in with my sister.

"I'm sorry it's just that this is new to me," I say wiping a few tears. "Afraid?" my mom asks. "Maybe but this seems a bit different..."  I'm telling the truth. I've had millions of nightmares in my life but this one scares me more. Seems too real for me.

"I'll get over it," I say. "Are you sure?" she asks. "Yea I sort of feel a bit better," I say. I nod and lay back down. They kiss me in my forehead and my sister hugs me. I hug one of my pillows and make a small prayer. These nightmares don't feel right.

A few weeks passed by and this is also Ross last week of filming or tomorrow which is Thursday and I want to pick him up in the airport with a big teddy bear.  I tend to be lazier and to my surprise I wanted to buy an iPhone. My iPad mini is a little too big even though it's small but I need Wi-Fi everywhere I go. I want to check Twitter, Instagram, etc.   But I can't or I'm too lazy.  Maybe I'm too weak.

I check the clock as I rise from my bed and see it reads 11:00 A.M.  I do my regular schedule as I do every morning. I do my hair, brush my teeth, change, do my bed, do chores and after I do all that I just sit in my bed and stare at the wall.  I'm just thinking about what my parents told me about the mystery boy who left me in my bed.

All I saw was his jacket and my parents aren't very good at describing him.  –"Neck was tattooed, pierced all over his face, very tough looking."-- Those details weren't enough for me to identify him.   I remember the two guys were pierced too or at least that's what I remember.

I keep having the same nightmares but each one is different yet the same at the same time.  I finally came back to reality when my mom yells, "Home!" She's way too early but I sit up and walk down stairs.  I see my mom with groceries as she sets them down in the counter.  "Hey mom aren't you a little too early?" I say helping her put the things away.

"Got out early," she smiled. "Oh." I put the milk in the refrigerator and the juice and I took a deep breath, "Mom would it be ok if I went out to the store to buy something?" She looked at me as if I were crazy. "Never mind," I say shaking my head. It was a dumb idea already.

"Look honey I would but look at the condition you're in," she says pointing at my bandages and bruises.  I look at them, purple bruises almost faded out. "Yea but I mean there almost gone and I have been like a prisoner in bed watching Netflix and eating." I say. She signs and says, "I'll buy it for you if you want,"

"No... mom I also want to pick up Ross with the cast of Austin and Ally," I say quickly. She shakes her head.  "It's only going to be me, Raini and Calum," I say.  "That's not the problem, I mean honey what will people think of you seeing you bruised?" she asks. She has a point.

"Disney Star bruised and bandaged up? What is going on inside her life?"

"We spotted Laura Marano with her cast mates  going to pick up their co-star Ross Lynch at the airport, but why is Laura Marano bruised? "

I shake my head just thinking of all the things people will say in the news, magazines...

"Ok..." I say quietly. My mom comes over to me to hug me. She kisses the top of my head and whispers, "I love you so much and I know you're going through a lot. Just facetime them or invite them here if that makes you feel better." It really doesn't make me feel better.

I actually want to greet Ross with a hug and with my cast, it feel special. "Can you at least bring a teddy bear?" I mumble. She laughs and says, "Ok, I'll be back in 10 minutes and then I have to do some with errands your sister. 

"What time will you go and come back?" I ask. She checks her watch on her wrist and it reads12:01. Well I'll just rest for a while and then go because I have to get enough energy for tomorrow since I work all day."

"How about Vanessa?"

"She'll work until 6pm."

"And dad?"

"All day as well,"

"What's with all the questions?" she asks.  "Just asking," I say and releases from the hug. I walk upstairs and sit in my bed. I grab my IPad mini and quickly text Raini.

Me: Pick me up tomorrow at 2pm.

Raini: Did she say you could go?

Me: Yea I just need to cover up well and wear sunglasses.

Raini: Ok well I'll pick up Calum since he lives near me. :p

Me: Lol ok but it's a surprise so no telling Ross ;)

Raini: I swear. I already told Calum so our lips or fingers for texting are sealed.  ;)

Me: Lol ok well I have to go ttyl

Raini: tootles

 I then turn it off and head to my dresser. I choose an outfit for tomorrow that will hide my bruises so I choose a long sleeved blouse and shorts. Thank god I didn't get bruised there. I choose some sandals and a thick bracelet that covers the bruise in my right arm.

I might be crazy and stupid but I really want to surprise Ross. 

My flip phone buzzes and I'm hopping its Ross. I grab it from my drawer and open it.

-Unknown-

You're making a mistake.

Sorry if its short but what was that unknown person sending Laura that message?  So please vote and Follow.

Love yoaliivette