Chaptire Huit (Chapter 8)

When I woke up the next morning, I was alone in Nash’s bed. I could faintly hear the water from his shower running. I leaned over and grabbed my phone from the bedside table.

10:34am.

I also see I have 6 new messages from Brittany.

From Brit :*

Elena where did you go?

From Brit :*

You were on the couch one minute and gone the next.

From Brit :*

THERES A FIGHT DUDE.

From Brit :*

ELENA WHERE ARE YOU?! THAT FIGHT WAS WITH BRANDON I NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU’RE OKAY.

From Brit :*

Elena, Brandon is freaking out right now please explain what’s going on and tell me where you are

From Brit :*

Please call me when you see this.. I’m worried.

I call her as soon as I read all her messages. She answers almost immediately.

“Oh my god thank god you’re okay. You are okay right?” I hear her voice from over the phone.

“Yes Brit I’m fine” I say with a slight laugh

“Okay well then would you please clear some of my confusion and explain what happened last night and why Brandon was so pissy?”

“Well, Brandon was flirting with other girls and I had a friend there who texted me asking me to come into the kitchen. I did so and met him in the kitchen”

“Who is him?”

“His name is Nash. He’s a sweetheart, nothing to worry about”

“Okay continue”

“Anyways, Brandon came in the kitchen drunk. He saw me talking to Nash a flipped out and started a fight with Nash”

“I’m guessing your friend Nash won because when I saw the damage, Brandon was on the floor, lifeless”

“Yeah I guess you could say that” I laugh along with her.

“Where are you now?” She says concerned

“I’m at Nash’s house”

“I bet Brandon loves you for that”

“Doesn’t matter because I dumped him”

“FINALLY ELENA. It took you long enough! You deserved much better than him”

“I know, I know.”

“Well Elena, I have to go. I’m hanging out with Ian in about 30 minutes”

“Alright Brit talk to you later”

“Bye! and I want to meet this Nash kid soon!”

“You will don’t worry!”

“Bye!” She says before hanging up.

I turn my phone off and put it back on the bedside table. I lay back down and cuddle back into the blankets. I look out the window and see that its cloudy and rainy. No wonder I’m so cold.

A few minutes later Nash walks out of the bathroom in nothing more than a towel. His hair is done perfectly. He disappears into his closet and returns wearing black adidas sweatpants and no shirt. I can’t help but stare at him as he walks around his room looking for something. I’m not sure how he knew I was staring, but he did.