14

D'Angelo woke up the next morning feeling like a new man. He was happy, the happiest he had been in a minute. He & Storm were finally in a good place, and he knew if he kept it, they would be back together in no time.

He planned on getting it right this time.

D'Angelo locked the front door heading out to his car. He had shit to do. He was getting his number changed before meeting with somebody to talk about him finding a job. He didn't know exactly what he wanted to do, but he'd figure out eventually.

He pressed the unlock button as he got closer. Then he heard the screech of tires & looked up to see a car coming around the block too fast for his liking. He saw them raise the window down & dropped to the ground as they fired gunshots towards him. Then he heard the tires screech again as they drove off as fast as possible.

D'Angelo quickly got up & pulled out his gun, shooting at them as they turned the corner. Then he sighed as he leaned against the car.

He was finally trying to get his shit together, yet of course, something had to get in the way.

Storm was jolted awake by the vibrating of her phone. She wiped the crust out of her before picking it up.

"Hello?"

Storm quickly parked her car before hopping out, running to where D'Angelo was. The police were everywhere, and so were the nosey ass neighbors. D'Angelo was sitting on the porch with his grandma & mama talking to one of the officers. Well, his grandma and mama were talking to the officers, he didn't say anything cause he ain't no snitch.

"De!!" Storm yelled running up to the porch. D'Angelo stood up as Storm ran into his arms hugging him tightly. He laughed at how tight her arms were around him.

"Storm, i'm good," He said as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You scared me," Storm said as she looked up at him. He furrowed his eyebrows as he took a good look at her face. Her eyes were swollen, like she had been crying.

Well, not like. D'Angelo knew she had been crying. He had seen her face like that too many times.

"Why you been crying?" He asked and she opened her mouth to deny that she wasn't but the police officer walked over. D'Angelo gave her a look letting her know that they would talk later.

"Mr. Patterson, can I ask you a few questions?" D'Angelo hesitantly nodded before turning to Storm.

"Baby, go wait for me at ya grandma house, i'll tell you when to come back." Storm nodded before doing as told. This was exactly what Storm was talking about, she knew the shit was coming.

"I can't believe she almost ran me over," Malik said as he walked down the street with his friends.

"You?! Nigga she almost killed all of us!!" Koby emphasized. "We ain't even know about you & India, I almost lost my life for shit!!"

"How long you been fucking her anyways?" Tremaine asked. Malik shrugged.

"It's only been a few times and it ain't even been consistent. After the first time, I ain't talk to her or anything. Then bout six months ago... I got tired of Storm & her shit. On top of that, me & Storm at different schools. I only fuck India when I need relief."

"And how many times has that been?" Tremaine asked.

"Only 6 times."

"So you've fucked her once a month?"

"I mean, Storm will take you there at least every other day so I could believe it," Koby said shrugging.

"I thought you was tryna get her back?"

"Tremaine don't start this scolding shit. You supposed to be on my side."

"Nigga but you wrong!!" Tremaine yelled & Malik stopped looking at him.

"Are you serious? Yall act like i'm not sharing this girl!!"

"Okay, but the goal was ultimately to be the only nigga in the end right?"

"Yeah-"

"And you thought fucking the girl that you cheated with in the first place was going to get you there?"

"Nah-"

"So why would you even do-"

"Cause i'm fucking tired!!" Malik snapped. "Yall not understanding bro. I've been tired. I have been sharing her with this nigga since we met. It ain't like this shit just happened, this shit been happening. All through our friendship, relationship, this situationship, or whatever the fuck it is. So yeah I turned to India. It's nice having a mutherfucker that I don't have to share. Well, I do, but you get what the hell i'm saying."

"So why won't you leave Storm alone?" Tremaine asked as they started walking again.

"Because I love her. Regardless of the shit we've been through or going through, i'm a straight sucker for that girl. She the only one I wanna be with."

"Well, you might've just fucked that up," Koby said & Malik gave him a stale face.

"You ain't helping bro."

"He right though, you might be over with after last night." Malik knew that, but that wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"You look like you've been crying baby. What's up?" Linda asked her granddaughter. Storm shook her head.

"I'm just tired." Linda knew that wasn't it but she wasn't going to pressure Storm to tell her. She continued to cook breakfast while Storm drifted into her thoughts again. She still couldn't believe Malik had lied to her. But she knew she had to get herself together before D'Angelo got to her.

She heard the back door open & looked over to see D'Angelo walking in.

"Good morning Ms. Linda," He said as he walked over kissing her cheek.

"Hey baby. You okay?" She asked as D'Angelo made his way over by Storm.

"Yeah i'm good. They can't keep a playa down," He said playfully, making the two women roll their eyes.

"Oh brother," Linda said & D'Angelo chuckled. "You want a bacon & egg sandwich?"

"Nah im good. Thank you though." He looked at his phone. "I actually got somewhere to be in like 20 minutes. You coming with me, Storm?"

Storm shook her head. "She making my sandwich still." D'Angelo knew she was just trying to avoid talking about whatever made her cry but he didn't push. It would be another time for that.

"I'll hit you later then," D'Angelo said before kissing her forehead. She smiled to herself as he headed towards the door. "See you Ms. Linda."

"Bye baby." The door closed behind him & Linda turned to her granddaughter. "You can't avoid talking about whatever problem you have forever. You know that boy persistent." Storm knew first hand. She groaned as she put her head down.

She wanted one day with no drama, no bullshit. But that would never happen.

She wasn't named Storm for no reason. There was always rain & clouds coming.