Defying the Devil

The next day, they set off, after telling General Jordan that they would be leaving for a few days. Sky led his team to Keddester, while Ty and Herobrine looked for any clues that might lead them to the Endermen's prison.

Sky, Jerome, Mitch, Seto, Shaman, Jason and Wither set off, all atop horses, except for Wither and Jason, who hovered around them.

Jason cracked up when he saw Wither," Man, I never thought I could describe the Wither as cute."

Wither flushed," That is not funny! I can't turn into my human form! That sucks!"

"You have a human form?" Jason's eyes widened.

Of course he does, the head on the right said, you also have a wither form.

"Say what now?"

Wither nodded, clearly being able to hear the tiny heads of Jason's," Yes, you have a wither form, but I don't think you ever need it, though. As for my human form, it grants me more strength, and I can have hands to use weapons."

"But what else besides that? I mean, what can't you do now?"

"My powers are reduced," Wither sighed," and it would take days, maybe even weeks to reach my former strength and grow up to my adult size."

"But what happened to you?" Jason asked," I mean, not that I am complaining, of course."

"Simple. I aged, I died. I respawned in the form if a baby, it has been like that since forever. It is just that I died at a very bad time this time."

"Yeah, have to agree with you," Jason said. He thought about what Wither said," Do you know Israphel?"

Wither shuddered," Yes. And it wasn't a pleasant experience. He tried to kill me the first time and almost succeeded, and he sent Herobrine to kill me for the second time. I wasn't so lucky and got killed."

"Wait, Herobrine killed you?" Jason wasn't sure he heard Wither right.

"Yes," Wither said," but it was a long time ago. I forgave him for that."

"But why would he kill you?" Jason asked.

"Because he was under Israphel's spell," Wither said softly," and I was the King of the Nether. He wanted to take the dimension, and I was in their way."

"Who were they?"

"Entity, Herobrine and Israphel," Wither said," Herobrine loved the Nether. He trusted me, but when Israphel turned him he didn't seem to remember our friendship. I was determined not to let him take the dimension I loved," Wither then sighed, suddenly looking as if he had aged twenty more years," Guess I failed that too."

"Then what happened?" Jason asked.

"He met a girl, the girl helped him find his true self. He killed Israphel and imprisoned his soul in the Nether, in a high security prison. I gave over my throne to him. There isn't a better person who could protect the Nether than him."

"But why aren't you at the Nether?" Seto asked.

"He didn't want me to get caught as well," Wither said," he wanted to keep an eye on me," he rolled his eyes," I guess he is being overprotective."

"He has a reason for doing that," Shaman grunted," he didn't want you held as a hostage, or worse, destroyed permanently. He knew how powerful our opponents were, he didn't want to take chances in case they came knocking on the gates of the Nether."

"Suppose you are right," Wither muttered.

"But if they were able to injure Hero, wouldn't they be like, really, really hard to defeat?" Sky asked.