Unexpected Alliance

Four days earlier.

Location: Squid Kingdom.

  "Show me what you have found," the blue skinned monarch said, sitting upon his throne of lapis, glowstone and prismarine. He had been a relatively new king, but he had a lot of experience of ruling from watching the last in his ways.

  The doors to the throne room burst open, and in came squids, brandishing long spears, escorting their prisoner, with shackles on his wrists and a sack over his head.

  They marched to a stop, as one of the squids said," My lord, this one tried to sneak into our kingdom, claiming that he wanted to see you."

  "Really?" The squid king raised his eyebrows," Remove the sack."

  The squids removed the sack from the prisoner's head, revealing an intimidating, yet somehow ugly figure.

  " Finally, that stupid sack smells like the bottom of the ocean," he said in digust," Is that how you treat your guests?"

  The squid king rose from his throne, his golden crown imbued with lapis glinting in the dim light," Watch how you address the monarch who commanded a large force that can destroy you in mere seconds."

  " Not anymore, surely," he smiled grostequely. The squids whispered among themselves, as the squid king shifted uneasily in his throne.

  "Ever since your war with the Budder Kingdom, ah, sorry, your defeat," the man corrected, as the squid king grounded his needle sharp teeth," the mighty empire of the squids split into many factions, isn't it? Ever since your big brother was slain."

  The squids didn't speak, but were all shocked at the incredible amount of knowledge that the man possessed, especially when that knowledge was thought to be only known by squids.

  "And your formidable force," the man countinued, air quoting as he spoke the word formidable, " was disbanded, the power siezed by your different brothers, scattered all over the oceans, while you, the youngest but most intelligent and ambitious of them, ruled over the empty kingdom that was only a shadow of its former state."

  "Who are you to know?" The squid king asked sharply, fear rising from his stomach.

  The man looked at him with something that seemed like sympathy," Please, King Sinder, I have my ways," he stepped closer," And I am here to offer you my help."

  Even though the promise was tempting, Sinder was no fool, he knew no help ever came for free," Speak, what do you want in return?"

  The man smiled, but it wasn't a friendly or pleasant smile," What you want."

  "I am listening."

  The man rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath," Of course you are."

  "Beg you pardon?" The squid king's expression hardened.

"I will help you band together all the tribes and factions of the squids under your rule," he said, ignoring Sinder," while you are to launch the attack on the Budder Kingdom and wipe it from existence. Exterminate anyone that you feel are a threat to your kind. To you."

  "How?" Sinder's eyes narrowed," Even at our full strength, we had been unable to defeat the current Budder King. And now, we discovered that he is the heir to the throne of the Nether, how are we supposed to defeat him?"

  "Ah, my friend," the man said, smirking confidently, even though slightly alarmed at the Budder King's identity, " You were not at your full strength. As I recall, you did not have the help of the other tribes when you launched your attack eight years ago. As for their king, I have help that can help me take care of him, and his team."