Warning of the Apocalypse

Sky could had sworn that the edge of his table had glitched out for a second there, just before it returned to normal. He went back to bed, it might just had been his eyes playing tricks on him.

But he wasn't awoken for no reason, he had somehow picked up a mental tremor so powerful, that he wasn't even sure was possible. In his blurry mind, while he was slipping between consciousness and unconsciousness, he only caught the last word, and that very single word sent shivers down his spine.

Revenge.

That voice was powerful, and impossibly cold, that even in a warm summer's night he shivered and thought it was winter.

He was still trembling, his muscles taunt. His golden eyes had scanned the room for threats, and that was when he had spotted the glitching table.

He doubted the mental message was directed to him, of course, he had only picked it up with his relatively weak power to communicate telepathically, still, it was unsettling to know that such a single thought from a single mind could be so powerful.

He went back to sleep, as his drowsiness finally overpowered him. He was extremely exhausted from his sparring exercise yesterday that he felt every ounce of his very own strength had left him.

Still, as soon as his eyes closed, he was immersed in a waking nightmare.

He found himself in a world under a blood red sky. The clouds were stained with varying shades of grey and orange, while orange lightning streaked across the crimson horizon.

The sun or moon was nowhere to be seen, and when he turned his attention to the ground, it proved even more terrible than the sky.

Cracks appeared in the barren, scorched ground, the dirt a dull greyish black colour. The normally green grass had turned to ash, and the unmistakable glow of lava spilled out from the cracks.

Fires appeared out of nowhere, scroching the earth itself, and rivers were stained with a dark red.

Bodies of Minecraftians and mobs alike littered the ground, thousands of them, some of them scorched and burned beyond recognition, while others were brutally slain, slashed to ribbons.

A cold laugh echoed across the landscape, as light came from the edge of the horizon. Sky turned towards the source of the light, maybe Notch or his father had come to the rescue, to restore the barran land to its former, normal sate.

He saw a figure in a sphere of bright orange light, but who he saw wasn't Notch. It wasn't Herobrine either.

He saw the silhouette of a man who spread his hands, and the shadow of his form created gargled shadows in the ground.

But the worse thing was his eyes, Sky could had sworn they were glowing like spotlights, and it was a bright crimson colour.

Just like Entity's.

His heart thumped in his chest, had the hooded hacker somehow returned? Had he somehow survived and managed not to be erased off the surface of Minecraftia?

But the man wasn't Entity. He didn't seem to be wearing a hood, and somehow, Sky had a bad feeling that the man was worse than anything, or anyone he had ever faced before.

The man strode towards him, and opened his palm, as a jet black trident as tall as its owner, dancing with orange particles, appeared in his hand. He twirled the trident in his hand, those unnerving red eyes of his staring straight into Sky's golden ones.

And with that, he threw the trident, the three pronged spear sailing through the air with an unnatural velocity that even Sky had trouble tracking its movements, until his brain had finished calculating its trajectory and anticipated where it would land.