The Beginning of the End

Ty teleported Ian into the infirmary, and laid him on a bed. Ian wasn't fully conscious, groaning softly, as the nurses and doctors removed the blade from his stomach after they delivered the sedative.

"It is bad, but he will live," The doctor said as he and another doctor worked," we will take care of him."

"Thank you," Ty said gratefully, releasing the breath that he had been holding the entire time. He then teleported out into the battlefield.

The squids were large in numbers, pushing the recruits back. Bright golden energy flared in random places, and in the middle of them, was Sky, his body wreathed in budder coloured energy as he swung his sword, while firing fireballs, lightning and energy wih his other hand.

The rest of Team Crafted stuck together, as they tried to get through the squids' defenses and help the defenders of the base. Jason helped by firing withe bombs at the squids, but that only slowed them down. There was like an endless sea of them, and they were only slowing their advance.

Ty snarled, and hovered, then spotted the place where the squids were almost breaking through the recruits' defenses. With a low growl, he tucked in his wings, the wind whistling past his ears as he plummeted, spreading his wings at the last moment to barrel into the back of the squids, his velocity adding to task. He summoned his sword and lay waste to the squids that were troubling the recruits, his tail and wings adding extra damage.

A squid managed to pierce his wing with a sword, and with a growl, Ty inflicted five lines of deep blue on the squid's face, digging deep into his flesh as the squid dropped.

Red and blue blood flew as both sides clashed, Ty was doing his best to hold the squids, but inevitably, they were being pushed towards the castle and the houses of the base. Whether they liked it or not, they were being overwhelmed.

Sky was getting tired, as he blasted several squids away. There was just too many of them.

Several squids managed to get through his defenses, nicked him here and there. He gritted his teeth against the pain and flew into the air, hovering, as he analyzed the situation.

The sea of squids just kept on coming, sorely outnumbering the SkyArmy recruits. Recruits were lying dead on the ground, among the squids. The number of recruits were getting sorely few, definately not enough to stand against the squid army. The squids definately had loads up their sleeves, as they were unified as one.

Sky considered his options. If they retreated, they won't be able hold the base, but his recruits would live. They wouldn't be able to hold them for much longer, seeing their current state, even Sky felt his energy levels slipping, and surely, the rest of the team wouldn't be far behind.

He had trouble believing what was happening, but SkyArmy base was actually being overrun. The kingdom his foster parents had left for him to care for was being destroyed. He knew his army was formidable, but they might still be in their recovering stages from the last battle and the battle with Entity three weeks ago. Plus, the squids just appeared out of the blue, teleporting into their ranks. Even though they might had placed defenses, that was still going to catch them unaware.

Sky had to create a distraction. He teleported down to Quentin and the rest of the team, telling them his plan. They didn't argue, which was a good thing when dozens of people were trying to get them killed.

Sky gathered as much energy as he could from his fatigued body, at perfect focus as he hovered in the air, his body humming with power as golden light surrounded him, the brilliant aura hissing and expanding, glowing brighter and brighter as he became a second sun. The squids and recruits alike ceased in their fighting and looked up in surprise at the enlarging, growing dot in the sky.