8

Jack woke the next morning to a soft knock on the door.

"Jack?" The voice called. The boy opened his eyes and screamed, thinking he had been kidnapped. The lady nursed in as soon as he heard it. Jack looked round at her, his eyes softened from their terrified look once he saw her.

He took a deep breath and put his hand in his heart. He shook his head and smiled.

"Did I scared you?" She asked the teen who nodded, slowly. "Sorry," she said. "I came in to tell you I made breakfast." Jack nodded again and held up ten fingers and then pointed down.

"See you in 10," Mrs Barnsley said before exiting the room and walking downstairs.

Jack leapt out of bed and got ready for the school day before walking downstairs. Mrs Barnsley had made them both a sausage and bacon sandwich.

"Here you go, Jack." She said, handing in a plate. He nodded his head and sat down to eat. They both ate in silence.

Once Jack had finished, he stood up and put his plate in the dishwasher. He dug out a letter that he had put in his pocket which already had a stamp and address on it. He handed it to the teaching assistant with a piece of paper, the words "please can you send this?" Scribbled in pencil

The teacher nodded. "Of course I can," she said, taking the letter and putting it in her pocket. Jack nodded again and turned on his heel.

"Jack, wait a sec." The middle-aged woman called out. The teen turned around, listening to her. "Mr Crupp has informed the police force of your parent's sudden disappearance and are currently investigating it."

Jack gave a small nod, slightly relived at the information that had just reached him.

Maybe he would be able to go home soon- his train of thought was interrupted by the teacher, continuing to speak. "The police have asked you to stay in my custody for this time, until they find someone more suitable for you to stay with." Mrs Barnsley finished.

The curly haired boy was in shock. He had to stay with her until someone more suitable had been found? He didn't think anyone else would be more suitable than Mrs Barnsley at this time.

No one except Daniel.

Fruitless! (What is auto correct doing 😂) let's try again. GUUUYYYSSS I'm popping out the updates today! 🙌😊 anyways. I've a question: who do you think Daniel is? (Besides the the obvious answer being Daniel Seavey obviously)