23

news of the crash spread fast. The town in which they lived was small, and news spread fast since there was never anything very interesting going on.

Jonah's mother kept getting phone calls from people she hadn't spoken to in a long time.

Her phone was muted because she was in a meeting at work. She checked her phone, surprised at the vast amount of texts, emails and missed calls she had.

Another call came in from a friend she met in the tea shop.

She answer it, concerned by the amount of people who had tried to contact her.

"Hello!" She said the the caller. She was in no way prepared for what was coming next.

"It's your son..." She trailed off.

"Jonah? What about him?" She asked, panicked.

"He's been in a car crash." Jonah's mom burst into tears.
"NO!" She screamed. "NO NO NO NO NO!" people where looking out to the woman.

"Tell me it's not true!" She snuffled.

"I'm sorry.." The woman said.
The tears just wouldn't stop. Her whole body was trembling like mad. Three people had to escort her into a room where she wouldn't disturb the other members of staff.

"Take me to him. take me!" She repeated over and over again.

Once she had calmed a bit, a taxi was called and her and another lady went to the hospital. "My baby," she whispered repeatedly. "Stay with me."

***
The arrival of the hospital came quicker than expected.

Before she knew it, she was being ushered inside and over to her son's bedside.

"Mrs franzich?" A nurse asked her. She nodded.

"Your son's in a coma right now. He can hear you but he won't be able to respond." Jonah's mother nodded once more and sat down on the chair next to his bed.

It took her a while to calm down and stop her tears. "Jo-Jo," she said, grabbing his hand. "Oh Jo-Jo." Her tears fell once more. "Jonah please get better," she looked down.

"He will get better. I'm more concerned about the other two." The nurse said to her. She looked at her confused.

"The other two?" She asked.

"You don't know them?" Jonah's mother shook her head.

"A collision involving for cars, a man and a baby died on the impact, a little girl died after a while from bleeding of the brain, three other people sustained serious injuries including Keri and Daniel Seavey who were with your son." The nurse told her. She looked at Jonah and back at His mom.

"You don't know who they are, do you." She shook her head.

"No." Jonah's mom replied. "I don't."

***

Jack had had his stomach pumped from the drugs and now was conscious.

Mrs Barnsley was there also, crying her eyes out. Her nephew sat next to her, comforting her.

"I need you home." Jack told her. "I need you there. I can't be alone."

"I'm sorry Jack I-" she stopped. Jack closed his eyes.

"I-" she sighed. "Jack I need you. I can't do this without you. Please stay here." She started crying. Jack started crying too.