Chapter One

"Fox!"

Cloudkit leaped up on her paws. A soft ball of fur crashed into her. She cried out and turned to see her sister, Jumpingkit. "You mouse brain!" Cloudkit yelped.

    She noticed Fireflame had burst from the warriors den with his tail fluffed. "Where's the fox!" he demanded.

     "There isn't one." Cloudkit giggled.
   "We were just playing." Jumpingkit acknowledged tilting her white head.

   "Don't play about those type of things!" Fireflame hissed. "Some of these cats here lost family members due to foxes."

    Cloudkit puffed out her chest. "Like who?"

    "Gee, I don't know . . . YOU!" His snarl was so loud Jumpingkit hid behind her sister. "I lost my sister and my mother, Goldenpaw and Sunpaw lost their mother and brother, and you lost your mother and brother." Fireflame explained.

    Cloudkit squeaked. "How terrible! You must have cried you tear drops out." She squealed.

   Fireflame hissed at her and unsheathed his claws. He scratched her across the ears. She squeaked and
cried out.

      "Fireflame!" A gray she - cat stormed up to them. "You know not to harm a kit."

   "She's ten moons Misttail. She's not a kit anymore. Her father won't live up to that." Fireflame snarled.

      Misttail growled. "Ever since their mother died - " Misttail broke off and stared at the kits. Then she lowered her voice so the kits couldn't hear her.

    Fireflame nodded once she got done speaking.

      "Fine but they mentioned foxes." Fireflame said. Misttail's eyes widened with horror and she looked at the kits.

      "No! No no! Never mention foxes." Misttail hissed at them.

   Cloudkit nodded and She and Jumpingkit fled. "Wow they're annoying." Jumpingkit said once they layed down on their Moss beds. Cloudkit nodded.

      "But they're right. We need to be with the apprentices. We're not kits anymore. Heck, Queens don't even watch us anymore. " Cloudkit pointed out. Jumpingkit yawned and nodded. "I'm going to sleep." She whispered and she closed her eyes.

    Cloudkit, feeling lonely, decided sleep was best too. She closed her eyes preparing for any dream that came.