No. 6 - A Smile Amongst Shadows

The soft pitter patter of the pouring rain was the only sound Glory could hear apart from her own thoughts. She sank back against the corner of the windowsill upon where she was sitting. Her left, sore wing sagged down just outside the window getting pelted by raindrops.

Glory wished the sun would finally come out after a long week of non-stop rain. She was beginning to grow sick of the gloomy, depressing weather.

It was as if all the happiness in the world had drained entirely from the RainWing Queen. For a moment, Glory feared that she would never be happy again....

...until...

a NightWing sat down beside her and looked her straight in the eyes. All of a sudden, adrenaline and static bolts of excitement flowed through Glory's veins. She tried with all of her might to prevent her scales from turning bright pink.

His smile lit up the world like the three moons at their fullest. His eyes were as dark as black holes, pulling her into an abyss of warmth and comfort. His wing lightly brushed against hers, sending shockwaves of nerves into Glory's brain.

"I haven't seen you in days," Glory said softly.

"Awwww did you miss me?" Deathbringer asked smugly.

"Never in your wildest dreams!" she teased, beginning to finally cheer up now.

Deathbringer gazed down at her in wonder. He shifted slightly in his spot beside her. While she wasn't looking he moved closer inch by inch until their scales were almost touching.

"But I missed you," he whispered loud enough to turn her attention.

Something happened to Glory that she hadn't experienced all week.

She smiled.