No. 12 - Gorgeous

Jambu lay, soaking up the precious sunlight, his wings spread wide. He sighed, rolling over to let his back endure the warm rays of sun. 

The cool rainforest breeze blew through the tree tops in which he rested. Sun Time was Jambu's favourite time of the day. It was the one time he could actually relax and bask in happiness and zen. He let all his worries melt away. Sun Time made Jambu forget all of the day's problems, for example; Hibiscus had stolen from his banana pile once again, Orange had told him 'the orange-apple joke' and this pesky fly won't leave him alone!

Also, he was free from Queen Glory yelling at him for... one, two, three, six hours! Like this morning she had told him off for not being able to count to ten. What a load of rubbish! I can so count!

Anyway, once he had finally fully relaxed, Jambu's zen was rudely interrupted. 

"I don't need you to watch me sleep Deathbringer!" Glory cried, thumping onto the balcony, ready for her suntime.

"But what if you get attacked or assassinated? I wouldn't be able to live with myself Glory!" Deathbringer argued, chasing after her just as loudly.

"Attacked? The only thing I'll be attacked by is more requests for magoes or flyswatters! Which would be handy right now but that's not the point! Plus, Jambu is here in case anything happens." 

"Mmhm," Jambu mumbled. Holy moons it was hard to find some peace and quiet!

"But my Queen, I'm your body guard." Deathbringer pleaded as Glory gently shoved him away and lay down near Jambu. Even though he wasn't looking, Jambu could tell Deathbringer was smiling incessantly.

"So I've heard." Glory rolled her eyes. Deathbringer stood in guard position beside Glory as her eyes fluttered closed. "This doesn't mean I'm happy with you staying." She mumbled.

Deathbringer grinned without taking his eyes off of her. He was acting like if he averted his gaze for a second or even blinked, Glory would be assassinated. "Did I mention you look gorgeous when you sleep?"

Jambu spotted a splash of pink creep across Glory's cheeks.

He secretly shipped it.