No. 14 - Everyone's OTP

"Someone's looking extra happy today." Tsunami said, tapping the ink bottle boredly, obviously lacking inspiration. She was supposed to write a letter to Queen Snowfall explaining a situation where Alba, an IceWing from the Copper Winglet almost blew up the science lab.

"How so?" Glory couldn't help the spring in her step and the total un-Glory-like smile that kept popping up on its own accord. "Anyway, why did you bother to fly all the way here, to my Rainforest, just to write a stupid letter." She definitely wasn't deliberately changing the subject.

Tsunami sighed, looking up from her bare scroll. "Can't a friend visit another friend?" 

"Oh Tsunami, your thoughtfulness is flattering me." Glory rolled her eyes. Whatever she did, that sickening smile kept appearing on her face.

"See!" Tsunami said, gesturing to Glory's face dramatically. "You've gone soft on us! Don't deny it. You were even whistling before. Now, why would the queen of the laziest - no offence - and most irritating dragons, be smiling?"

Glory flared her wings innocently. "I had extra suntime yesterday." 

The other RainWings would've believed it. Sadly, Tsunami was not a RainWing.

"Lies." She said. Glory noticed that she had successfully made a start on her letter; if you would consider "Dear Snowfall," a start. Tsunami muttered something like "this is Sunny's speciality not mine." Glory couldn't agree more.

She flopped down onto a chair beside Tsunami. Anyone walking past her treehouse would have to do a double look because Glory was looking a lot like Kinkajou today. Her scales were splotched with flamboyant, exotic shades of pink and yellow. Also, her jaw hurt from her permanent smile. As hard as she tried to pout or frown, the corner of her lips would start twitching and the feelings came rushing back. She had to stop herself once from breaking out into another whistling solo.

Tsunami kept glancing at Glory with serious suspicion. Glory hadn't been this happy since Morrowseer fell into a volcano.

"Alright Glory, you can't lie to me forever." Tsunami wiped the remaining ink from her claw across Glory's snout, giving her a smexy new moustache. Glory yelped in surprise yet her scales didn't show any signs of anger, still hideous hot pink. 

"This better wash off!" 

"Why?" Tsunami smirked. "Will it break your strange mood?"

"Deathbri- I mean, the others can't see me like this..." Glory trailed off as Tsunami's smirk grew into a laugh. Glory felt her own cheeks heat up. Exposed.

"Oh I get it now!" Tsunami grinned. She whistled delightfully, dancing around the room to mock Glory. "What's he done now?"

Cue Flashback From Last Night:

"Come flying with me Glory." Deathbringer said, circling her. The sun was setting over the horizon and two of the three bright moons were beginning to rise. It was a spectacular sight to see from the air. 

"Why?" Glory laughed as his wing brushed across her cheeks. "That takes effort. Effort I don't have."

Deathbringer took her talon and hoisted her up off the ground, away from her glorious suntime. "I thought you weren't a lazy RainWing." He said. "But I could always carry you."

He held his talons out in a bridal hold position. 

"Flying it is!" Glory cried, leaping into the air, flapping her long purple wings.

Slightly disappointed, Deathbringer followed suit, making sure there wasn't too much distance between them in the air.

"Where are we going?" Glory called over the rushing winds.