No. 7 - Babysitter

Glory's worst nightmare....

Baby dragonets.

"Is it true that you were one of the magic dragonets that saved the world?" one asked her. Probably not even a year old. Pfft, magic dragonets. When I signed up to be queen, there was nothing in the contract about working in the nursery.

The biggest, craziest, most mischeivious baby dragon whose name Glory found out the second she walked in the door, Lightning-maker (such a ridiculous name) wouldn't leave the poor queen alone.

Well aren't I a great babysitter? I finally understand why Kestrel was so angry and grumpy all those years ago. They are way too happy and excited for no reason (Sunny), cannot stop eating (Clay) and think they know everything (Starflight).

Lightning-maker smiled, twirling in circles infront of Glory while making sure to show off her midnight-black scales.

"Do you think I could be queen one day?" she asked, chasing after Glory, "Mummy says I'd make a great one. She said that I would totally be able to whip these RainWings and NightWings into shape! After all, anyone can be queen or king right? Darkstalker said it. And you and Thorn even proved it!"

"You were after Darkstalker's time anyway," Glory sighed and tried to ignore the NightWing dragonet. I'm afraid I'm dealing with a younger, even more irritating version of Tsunami.

Hibiscus, with her elegant exotic scales and confident presence sat at the very top of the nursery on her "throne" and pretended to be boss. "I think you have a little bit of competition," Glory said gesturing to Hibiscus.

Lightning growled quietly and finally moved away to join her friends.

"Argggghhh!" Glory screamed as a freezing, scale-piercingly-cold bucket of water was tipped over her head. Two dragonets, both RainWings retreated from behind the queen, still holding the bucket in their quivering claws.

She felt an extreme urge to chase them down and call upon some severe punishment but then again it would be unnecessary. They're only young.

"You havin' fun?" 

Glory turned around and looked Deathbringer straight in the eye. She was actually elated to see him. "Does it look like I'm having fun?"

He laughed and threw her a smile. Glory couldn't stop herself from blushing intensely.

"Oooooooooooooooooooooo!" Lightning cried as she crept up behind Glory and pushed her forward. The queen stumbled forward into Deathbringer's arms, startling him. He grabbed hold of her so she didn't lose balance.

Lightning-maker and the other dragonets giggled and danced around singing, "Glory and Deathbringer flying in the sky, getting all K-I-S-S-Y!!!"

"Alright that's enough," Glory got to her feet and silenced them, "very funny."

Deathbringer smirked. "I know right?! Hilarious!"

 Glory kicked him in the chin, trying to prevent her cheeks from flushing bright red.