Chapter 17 • Faux

"Harbor your someone
Prevent me"

Faux // Novo Amor & Ed Tullett

***

I hurry out of the car and jog to catch up to Abby who is clearly hell-bent on keeping her angry stride up to her flat. She's never liked, much less admitted, when I've been right in all our thirteen years of knowing each other so this immature reaction isn't a surprise.

She'll be devasted when I tell her what I'm going to do, though. Just be nice.

The deliberate clearing of her throat captures my attention and I look up to see Abby holding the front door open and looking rather impatient.

"Ah, thank you, love," I smile at her while passing by her to step into the flat. The lights turn on and I turn around to watch Abby shut and lock the door all without looking at me. "So, can I count on you giving me the silent treatment all night?"

She fits her eyes to mine and the stern look on her face erases my smirk.

"I think it's best if we don't talk right now."

"But I think we should."

"Okay, we can talk, but on one condition," she says and I raise my eyebrows in anticipation. "You can't try to talk me out of moving."

After I tell her my plan, moving will be the last thing on her mind.

"Alright, I promise," I say and she walks over to me with a small smile. "Y'know, you're still pretty scary for a five-foot-five ginger."

"I know," she grins, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and I place my hands on her hips.

I lean down, closing my eyes as soon as our lips make contact and I groan at the incredible sensation. Her hand makes its way to my nape, threading her fingers through my hair and I couldn't be happier that I have my hair back.

From the time I first started losing my hair because of the chemotherapy treatments, Abby reminded me that I was still handsome. Little did I know that she was really telling me how she felt about me.

You had her heart and didn't even know it, mate.

"Mm," Abby moans, pulling away from our kiss and I open my eyes to hers. "How about that make up sex now, hm?"

"Did we make up though?"

"Does it really matter? We're together and have the flat to ourselves."

"You do have valid points," I smirk. "How long do you think we have until Paulette gets home?"

"Hmm, it's a weekday, so she'll only have one drink, so not as long as I'd like."

"Then we'd better make the most of our time. Wouldn't you say?"

Abby nods with a grin, keeping eye contact with me as she pulls the tie from her hair. Her orange-as-an-orange red hair falls messily past her shoulders and is a little bumpy from being in a messy bun all day, but she's still my pretty pea.

"Come with me," Abby takes my hand in hers and leads the way to her bedroom.

She turns the nightstand lamp on that allows a soft amber glow to illuminate the room and she pulls me onto the bed. It's like we can't control our smiles as we settle together with our arms wrapped around each other.

"All those times we slept in each other's bed together and we secretly had feelings for each other," Abby muses.

"Better late than never, hey?"