drunk

50K! DAMN! HOW THE HELL?
I WROTE A THING BC I AM SO GRATEFUL I JUST DONT HAVE THE WORDS TO SHOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM

A drunk Remus Lupin is quite the sight. All slurring words, loopy smiles, and flushed cheeks. He rarely drank enough to get drunk, but it was his 28th birthday, and damnit, he does what he wants.

Sirius, on the other hand, had not a drop of anything that night, sworn to looking after the adult-child. Currently, he was trying to pull Remus along by the sleeve as they were walking home, but his boyfriend would stop at every chance he could.

See, Remus wasn't wine drunk, he was beer drunk. And a fucking mess, at that.

The evening was continuously broken by a loud, needy voice. "Siri! Look - look at these flowers! Aren't they just s-so pretty?"

"Yes, love. C'mon now."

Or perhaps it was, "Did you see that?!"

A sigh. "See what, Remmy?"

"That cat! It was giving me a dirty look!"

"I really don't think it was giv-"

"But it was!"

Sirius wondered if this was how he himself always acted. He was about ready to call a cab in order to get home faster. Suddenly, Remus, who was hiding from the cat behind Sirius, pulled on his arm like a little kid. "I'm tired. I don' wan' walk anymore."

Sirius smiled. He was so ridiculously fond of that boy. "Here, get on my back." Remus squealed and hopped up without being told twice, and rested his head on Sirius's shoulder. His boyfriend only chucked, and started off once again in the direction of their flat. "Sober Remus is going to be grumpy tomorrow, isn't he?" He asked, more to himself than anything.

Drunk Remus muttered, "Sober Remus is wondering when you're gonna propose." Sirius halted, almost falling forward.

"What?"

"Oopsies. I don't think he wanted me to tell you that." The boy on Sirius's back giggled, snuggling his head back into the crook of Sirius's neck. "Nighty-night, Night Vale."

"Night Vale?" Sirius questioned. The hell is Night Vale?

But he didn't receive a response for his boyfriend had already fallen asleep. Soft snores sounded in Sirius's ear. He sighed, and started home once again.

He was lucky Remus was smaller than him; carrying a grown man all the way home would've been a tiring task if not for Remus's childlike form.

Sirius looked up at the lights overhead. The moon was beautiful. He hoisted Remus higher up on his back and set off, once again, back home. He hoped Sober Remus isn't too much of a wreck tomorrow morning. Sirius has never met a hungover Remus. Who knows what he'd be like?

halfway to 100k amirite?