The Surrogacy Trap (Chrae Fanfic)

Karrueche's POV

I was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for Chris when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Chris!" I yelled, sitting on the floor and holding my torso.

"You okay?" he asked walking into the kitchen. I shook my head no and he picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car.

**** at the hospital

I laid on my side with my back to Chris, letting my tears fall. This is my third miscarriage.

"I'm sorry, but since this is her third loss, it's highly unlikely that she can conceive." The doctor told Chris.

"Okay." he mumbled. You could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Maybe after you grieve, you can try other options." The doctor said walking out.

**** 1 year later

"Since we can't find a surrogate, maybe it's a sign we shouldn't." I said leaning my back onto Chris's bare chest. We were sitting in the tub talking.

"Hey, it'll be fine." he mumbled into my neck.

"No, what if I'm not meant to be a mother?" I said staring at the bubbles on top of the water.

"Just cause you can't physically have a baby doesn't mean you shouldn't be a mother. You'll be amazing, I promise." Chris said wrapping his arms around me and squeezing me tight. I just smiled and relaxed in his embrace.

**** next day at surrogacy center

"Well you have a huge selection to choose from." the lady, Mrs. Locke, told us.

"How about her, her name is Angela Simmons." she said opening the book to a brown skin woman with dark long hair.

"Has she done this before?" I asked.

"Three times."

"So having babies is her job?" Chris asked. Mrs. Locke just laughed and nodded.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel comfortable with her." I said and Chris nodded in agreement.

"Okay well how about her? Anastasia Parker, she's 22 with no kids, and she's very well educated. She's such a lovely girl" Mrs. Locke said opening the book to a blond girl with blue eyes.

"I like her. What do you think of her?" I asked Chris.

"I think we should meet her." Chris said.

**** meeting Anastasia

"Hi, I'm Anastasia, but you can call me Stacy." our unofficial surrogate said. We haven't completely said yes.

"Hi, I'm kae and this is Chris" I said shaking her hand.

"Tell us about yourself." Chris said getting straight to the point.

"Well, I'm Greek, I've never done drugs or even touched alcohol." Stacy said.

"Eating habits?" I asked.

"I eat healthy, other than the occasional sugar binge."

"It's fine, I have them too." I laughed.

"I would treat this baby like my own, I really would." Stacy smiled.

"Well that's nice, but the real question is w-(gco)

"Why I wanna do this? So I can get the money for a degree in child education." Stacy cut Chris off.

"Well that's cool." I said as she took off her jacket. "I'm impressed."

"Well we gotta interview other surrogates, but you're great." Chris smiled.

"She's the one" I whispered to Chris. He laughed and held my hand in his.

"I think we should tell Mrs. Locke we found our surrogate." Chris told Stacy.

"Really?" she asked with a smile. Me and Chris both nodded.

****

Me and Chris invited Stacy out to dinner for her having our baby.

"Don't think of me as just a surrogate, think of me as a friend." Stacy said with a warm smile.

"We will, all we can say is thank you." I said smiling back.

"You have such great style, would you help me go maternity clothes shopping?" she asked me.

"I'd love to! It's a little boutique called Baby Me on 5th Avenue!" I said getting excited. Chris made a small smile.

"I want you two to be a big part of the pregnancy" Stacy said staring at Chris.

"Us too." he said not paying attention to her.

"You're gonna get up in the middle of the night and help me with the baby right?" I asked Chris.

"Of course!" Chris said.

"You're gonna be such a great father." Stacy said still eyeing Chris. Like damn, can he get his face back.

"Let's take a picture to remember this occasion." Stacy suggested, whipping out her digital camera. Chris came to my side of the table, and Stacy took a picture of us smiling.

**** next day

"Babe look, Anastasia sent a picture of us from last night." I said showing him the picture on my laptop.

"Glad you like her." Chris said taking the laptop and closing it.

"I hope this goes okay." I sighed. "It will." Chris said rubbing my shoulders.

**** next day

Stacy's POV

"Hi Chris!" I said hugging him. Today was the day they put him and Kae's child in me.

"Hey." he said looking my body up and down. I had on a short, skintight dress on with heels.

"This the last time I'll be able to wear this for a while." I said.

"I'm sure you'll look just as beautiful when you're pregnant." Chris complemented.

"Thank you. That's really sweet." I said putting my hand on his arm and he tensed up.

"Hi." I said hugging kae who had just walked up.

"Hey, ready?" She asked with a smile. We walked into the room where doctors will be inserting their seed inside of me.

****

"Alright Ms. Parker, we'll see you in a couple of weeks." The doctor told me Chris and kae.

"Okay! Why don't we go celebrate?" I asked Chris and karrueche.

"I don't think so. When we know for sure the baby is okay then alright." Kae said hugging me.

"Okay." I said hugging Chris.

"Bitch." I mumbled after they waked away. This is only the beginning.

(A/N: vote if I should continue)