Chapter 6

Chris

It was around two in the morning and I was sleeping in bed with Kae. I heard my phone ring and answered it, putting it on speaker and nudging Karrueche.

"Hey Stacy, it's Kae and Chris, you're on speaker phone. How are you doing?" I said in one breath.

"Heyy, this whole thing was a mistake." Stacy said.

"What?" I asked.

"Agreeing to have your baby. I hate being pregnant! I'm fat an disgusting!" she yelled.

"No no, that's not true." we both said in unison.

"Yes it is! And I'm all alone. There's nobody here to help me." Stacy huffed.

"You're not alone. We're both ere for you." I said.

"Well it feels like you're trying to avoid me." she said.

"Stacy, I know that this is really hard." Karrueche said.

"Do you Kae? Do you know that this is really hard? How could you know? Cause the only reason I am pregnant is because you can't be!" she yelled.

"I can not be pregnant for one more night." I said after a while of silence.

"I'm not doing it. I'm done." she said.

"What're you talking about?" Kae said worried.

"Stacy, how bout I come over right now? Would that be good!" I asked.

"Yeah." she said.

"Alright?" I said.

"Good. Hurry up." she whispered and I hung up.

I got up and put some pants on.

"You are not going over there. I see the way she looks at you." Kae said.

"You can't be serious right now." I said slipping my phone in my pocket.

"Don't tell me I'm being paranoid!" she yelled.

"This is not the same." I told her, putting on a shirt.

"It is the same! It sounds the same! 'Oh I have to go to the studio, don't wait up for me'." Kae said, referring to a lie I told when I cheated on her.

"Oh c'mon. How many times are you gonna make me pay for that mistake?" I asked slipping on a hoodie.

"A mistake is something you make once, not multiple times."

"Yes I fucked up! I fucked up okay! And you have every reason to be suspicious of me, but this is about our baby!" I yelled.

"I don't know what she's capable of."

"That's exactly why I'm going over there." I said walking out and leaving to Stacy's.

****

"Thank you so much for coming over," Stacy said hugging me as soon as I walked in.

She had on a lingerie gown that you could see through.

"Lemme get this." she said taking off my hoodie.

"Sorry for dragging you out of bed. You must think I'm a winey bitch." she said sitting on the couch and rubbing her seven month pregnant stomach.

"No no, I think you're pregnant."

"Come sit down." she said patting the space beside her.

"My ex boyfriend would say I look fat and disgusting." she said.

"Well he's a complete jack ass."

"You see that.. It took you two seconds to figure him out." she said scooting closer to me. "It took me two years. Do you think I look okay?" she asked.

"No, I think you look beautiful." I said trying to lift her spirits up. "And this is all gonna be over in about two months."

"I wasn't thinking about how I'd feel during this."

"Well ya know me and kae are both here for you." I said.

"Sure you guys buy me stuff but who's here to help when there's a problem with the apartment? Or rub my shoulders when I'm so sore." she said.

"You have a very massage-able neck. We'll get you a masseuse okay?"

"That's very nice but.. could you please, for a second." she said turning her back to me.

"No.. that's not really appropriate." I told her.

"I don't understand, you're gonna be in the delivery room. That's such an intimate thing and you can't even rub my shoulders." she said flipping her hair all to one side.

"No."

"Then do it for me, do it for the baby." she said turning her back to me again.

I hesitated, but after a while I massaged her shoulders. She let out low moans and touched my hands as I rubbed.

"It feels good, thank you." Stacy said and my phone rang.

"No, don't answer it." she said as I let to of her shoulders and slipped my phone out my pants.

Stacy

"It's Kae." he slid his finger across the screen to answer it.

"Yep." he said to Kae.

"Yeah, hey babe." he said.

I mouthed 'I'm so sore' to him.

"Okay I'm on my way." he said to Kae.

"I gotta go." Chris said to me.

"Hey, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I want you to come." I said putting my hand on his knee.

"Okay." he said patting my thigh and getting up. "I'll check my schedule and we'll see." he told me.

"Please.. it would mean a lot." I said as he put back on his hoodie.

"We'll see." he said walking out the door.

"Bye," I said as I closed it.

Stacy

"You can leave if you want." I said dryly to karrueche. She came instead of Chris and we were waiting in the waiting room.

"No that's okay, I'll stay." she said.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably and Kae asked if I was okay.

"I'm fine. It's just the baby kicking. It's like a circus in there." I said rubbing my stomach.

I saw out the corner of my eye karrueche smile.

"Do you wanna feel?" I asked.

She nodded and came over to touch my belly.

"Aww" she cooed.

"Kae, about last night.. I'm sorry." I said.

"You really scared us." she said still holding her hand on my stomach.

"I hope you know I'd never do anything to hurt the baby." I said.

"We know you wouldn't." She said pulling out her phone because she had a text.

She laughed at whatever was sent.

"What's so funny!" I asked.

"My friend just sent me some decorations for the bridal shower." Kae said tucking her phone away.

"You're having a baby shower?" I asked confused. If anything I should be.

"Yeah.. it's no big deal tho. Just a couple of people." she assured.

"I thought of inviting you but I didn't want it to be awkward." Kae said after a while.

"It wouldn't be awkward."

"Really?" she asked and I nodded yes.

"Okay, great. Would you like to come?" she said.

"I'd love to!" I said before the doctor called me in.

Happy 4th🇺🇸