Chapter 13

Kae

When I woke up I looked around to see I was on the parking garage concrete.

I hopped up and Kenneth was no where to be found. That bitch stole my baby.

I ran into the building to find someone who could help me & I called the police.

Stacy

"Shh, it's okay. Mommy's got you." I told Greg who was making noises.

"Ms. Parker open up!" A voice yelled after knocking. I could tell it was the police by the knock.

I escaped out the back window with Greg and put him in the car. I got in and drove to the nearest motel.

Kae

"We're tracking cell phones, credit cards. She can't do anything without us finding out. And she won't hurt the baby." the female officer told me and Chris.

"How do you know she won't hurt the baby?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"I don't think the mother would hurt her child."

"She's not the mother!" I yelled at the officer.

"But she thinks she is." Chris whispered.

"Exactly! Anastasia Parker is delusional and that's good for us. She's going to treat your child like its her own." the officer said.

Stacy

I smiled at Greg as I walked with him in his stroller, at the park. I spotted a nearby bench and saw a last with a baby in a stroller too, sitting there.

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" I asked her.

"Sure." she said scooting over and I sat next to her.

"I'm Stacy and this is my son Greg." I said picking Greg up and showing him to her.

"Aww he's precious." she cooed.

"Yeah, he looks like his father." I blushed.

Kae

"Yeah. Keep me updated." the officer said on the phone then hung up.

"Have any leads?" I asked her as Chris paced the room.

"No, but every radio and tv station is talking. Someone's bound to spot her." she said.

"What happens if she goes into hiding and changes her appearance and no one finds her?" I asked.

"That's confidential. She might turn herself in." she said.

"You seriously think she'd turn herself in to you?" Chris asked her.

"No. Not to us, but to you." she said pointing at Chris.

"Why would she do that?" Chris said.

"Stacy doesn't just want a baby, she wants a family." she said.

"Right. So you think she's actually gonna call Chris?" I asked.

"I hope so." she said.

Stacy

Greg kept looking at the pictures of Chris I had around so I decided to call him. Once I have him, my life is complete.

"Hello?" Chris answered nervously.

"Hey Chris." I said.

"Stacy.. I'm so glad that you called." he said.

"Is everyone freaking out over there?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"How are you?"

"Well I miss my son. But I know you'd never do anything to hurt him." he said.