Chapter 4

Kae

"It's a little expensive, but don't you like it?" Stacy asked walking to me.

We were maternity clothes shopping for her.

"Yeah, but what about this?" I asked holding up a black dress.

"That's a little last season, don't ya think?" She said.

"Yeah.. I guess so." I said putting it down, a little disappointed.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked as she looked in the mirror.

"Well the morning sickness is almost gone. But night sweats will give you that pregnancy glow. It's worth it though.. You know to feel that connection with the baby?.. I know it's your baby though." she said touching my arm.

"Cool." I said sad because I couldn't experience it.

"What about this?" she asked showing me a nude colored dress ad then going to her dressing room.

I put on a fake pregnancy belly to see what it'd be like if I was pregnant. It felt stupid cause I knew it wasn't real. But at the same time I wish it was.

"What do you think. Should I get it?" Stacy asked walking out in the dress.

"Yeah, it's nice. I'm just being silly." I said taking the fake stomach off me.

"Maybe this weekend, you and I can go shopping for the nursery." she suggested.

"Thank you but, Chris and I were thinking about making a day of it. Ya know, just shopping for the stuff ourselves."

"Oh I get it, you guys wanna feel like the real parents. But I can't decide, I'm just gonna get both." Stacy said referring to the nude and gray dresses she wanted.

"Okay." I said looking around. Damn I wish I was pregnant.

Chris

I hung up the phone call with my manager and the doorbell rung. I went to go answer it and Stacy was at the door.

"Hi." I said friendlily.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked seriously.

"Uhh.. Kae's at work." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"It'll just take a second." she said walking in.

"What do you think of my new dress?" she asked ripping open her jacket, revealing a dress that showed her cleavage a little too much.

"Wow. It's really nice." I said dryly.

"Thank you, you paid for it." she said looking at the household pictures around the living room.

"Umm.. how ya feeling?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Pretty good overall.. except my breasts have been so tender and sensitive." she said.

"Uhh.. isn't that normal?" I asked.

"Yeah." she mumbled. "Oh and this is kind of embarrassing but I don't know how to say this.. but my sex drive is out of control." she said flipping through a magazine that was laying on the table.

"I don't know, apparently it's a hormonal thing." she said quickly.

"Right.." I said wanting to change the subject.

"And uhh.. I've been having these dreams.. and you were in one." she said with a evil grin.

"You said you have something to talk about?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, sit down." she sighed. "It a little awkward and it's about Kae." she said sitting next to me on the couch.

"Well you know we went maternity clothes shopping, and I caught her trying on a fake pregnancy belly. I mean it's obvious how hard this is on her. The fact that she doesn't share the natural bond with the baby that I do." she said.

"There's nothing we can do about that."

"Well I was thinking we could maybe give Kae some distance without making it obvious." she said and I nodded.

"I appreciate your concern Stacy, but I'm sure Karruche is fine." I told her.

"Oh yeah yeah." she said rubbing her stomach.

"Well I have to get back to work. Thank you." I said.

She got up and hugged me and I gave her a one armed hug.

"I'm so glad that we can be able to have these conversations." she said burying her face into my neck.

"Me too." I said getting up and getting we jacket for her ad handing her her purse.

"Bye." she said winking and leaving.