Chapter 31

It was a couple of weeks after things had started picking up for the guys before I got to have another date with one of them. I was glad to see that they were finally getting their mojo back, even if I was feeling a little lonely without their constant company. It did mean that I could get back to helping the council with legal advice on some of their hairier situations and getting some semblance of normality back in my days.

Brandon snuck into my room after Marc had left for work and sat on the empty half of the bed beside me, nursing a cup of coffee, while waiting for me to wake up. I had grown so used to waking to coffee from one of them every morning that it didn't take long after he sat down for me to rouse. I groggily said good morning and then drank the coffee like my life depended on it. I had been up late the night before going over the paperwork one of the lawyers that was getting ready to head to trial. They already had everything they needed and were well prepared, but they wanted someone else to go over everything to ensure nothing was missed and that there were no possible gaps for the defendant to try and sneak through.

Brandon laughed at my desperate coffee drinking. "Rise and shine Beautiful! Gabe wil be here shortly to help you get ready. We're heading to a vintage car show and I thought it might be fun to dress up for it. Most of the people that go dress in vintage outfits for the day and it's usually lots of fun. Besides, Who doesn't like looking at lovingly restored cars? I hope that's okay."

"I don't think I have anything to wear that would be classed as vintage or retro,' I commented, absentmindedly, while wondering when Brandon had first started attending these shows, and at what point he joined in with the vintage dress.

"Gabe says he's got you covered. There was something about sneaking some extra pieces into your wardrobe while you weren't looking," he said, laughing.

I laughed. I knew it seemed like the size of my wardrobe was slowly increasing, but I hadn't been buying anything.

"Oy, what are you laughing at?" Gabe called from the door. "Sang is the only other girl I get to dress. She has always been a little more conservative with her preferences, and we never really have a reason to get dressed up in vintage wear."

"I knew it. You are using me to fuel your addiction!"

Gabriel feigned hurt at my accusations before admitting that he did have a shopping addiction and that the variety of clothes and shoes that he has to choose from for Sang and I made it near impossible to not give into temptation when he spotted a good sale, or even an amazing outfit. It took a solid five minutes of bargaining with him to get him to agree to no more unneeded purchases.

Once that was agreed, Brandon left to get himself ready and I was sent to shower with strict instructions not to wash my hair. I had straightened it the day before anyway, so had no intention of getting it wet for the next couple of days. I always liked to try and get the most out of it every time I put in the effort to straighten is, because that in itself becomes a workout with how long, thick and curly it can be.

Once I had thoroughly scrubbed myself with my coconut coffee body scrub - Marc had been experimenting with ways to reuse his ground beans and this actually proved to work quite well, I carefully wrapped my towel around my body before stepping out into the bedroom. I found the door was closed and an outfit set out on the bed waiting for me. Seeing that it was a red dress, I decided to go for some of the sexier underwear that I owned, opting for the lacy red set that was almost the same shade as the dress itself.

Once I had the dress on, I stood admiring it in the floor length mirror hanging on the back of my wardrobe door. The dress itself was a crimson red, straight cut across the chest, with capped sleeves and a collar that wraps around the neck. There was a black sash around the middle, with a bow tied to the left of the waist. The skirt of the dress was a wide flare that sat out from my hips with the help of a petticoat.