Chapter 4 (unedited)

"I am in love with that person."

She remembered when she said that for the first time to her best friend, Marie, who just splashed her water to her face. Ah, what a disgusting feeling.

She never imagined someone else apart for Arthur to be by her side. He was the only man that she would marry and found a family with.

But at the same time, she wasn't as heartless as to tell a child that she wasn't his mum when biologically speaking, she was. However, she wasn't as nice as to put somebody else child in priority, her family will always be her priority.

She stroked the boy's hair and asked, "Are...you finish?" She didn't know how to behave toward him. She would only be very nice to her children so they wouldn't feel jealous when she was treating her friends' children nicely. But a stranger? She couldn't be nice no matter how hard she tried. Zac and Lea were her everything.

"No!"

"O..k." Well, leading a waist for someone to cry wouldn't anger Arthur, she hoped at least.

"Anyway!" The pregnant girl in the room started, "Where is your damn family?"

"Jalena! Control your language!"

"Oh Landon! You know how they are."

Lola smiled lightly at they behaviours, at least she wasn't the only one to think that about the family. And thanks to that, she learned their name. Jalena and Landon, alright.

Landon turned to Alden and asked, "What are you doing here mister ex-husband?"

Hearing that, Lola couldn't stop herself to shout a yes. Since he was there and he said kid, she knew he was the husband but she couldn't accept it. But now that he was revealed to be just an ex-husband, she could still explain it to Arthur without being killed. Her husband was a jealous and possessive one. And so were the children as they had inherited that trait of him. They didn't like to share a thing that was their.

"What?" Jelena couldn't be not curious about her friend behaviour.

"Could you tell me the date and hour of today please?"

"It's the September 8th and it's," Jalena looked at her phone, "8:20."

So it's only been a day? She really should call Arthur before he started to plan her assassination. Since it was night time, planning an assassination was easier.