Chapter 2

This chapter was edited by thegirlwithanidea

***

Lola was stunned by the woman's behaviour, but still didn't show anything. She wasn't young anymore, and she had children to think about. She couldn't let it go, "Can I ask you how I offended you?"

Now it was the woman who was stunned. She responded slowly. "You didn't...Why would you think that?"

Everyone else in the room was stunned by her voice. She hadn't asked in an aggressive tone nor had she been insolent. It was only curiosity.

"Then why are you being disrespectful toward me?"

"I am not." The woman frowned at her words.

"Oh? So to you, loathing on me in the inside, cutting me off, looking down on me and thinking that I am trash is something respectful? I am sorry, but I disagree. I don't share even a little bit of your opinion. What you are doing to me right now, is disrespectful. If you are going to be like this, then next time don't come. And if you didn't mean it, and it's just your way of talking, then please stop bothering me. Be it a friend or a family, you don't talk to me like this. I am not your dog. And like I said, if you didn't mean any harm, it only meant that you and I aren't compatible at all as human beings."

"You! You!" She was at loss for words. It was the first time that she saw that cousin of hers being this expressionless and talking like that. Usually, she would be very aggressive.

"The exit is behind you. Please excuse my lack of politeness, as you can see I am a sick patient thus I am unable to drive you out by myself. But if you can't do that by yourself, I can always call security."

"You!" She was going to curse her but was shut down by the menacing face her niece gave her.

"Do you think I am kidding around right now?"

When she was a teenager, Lola had never cared about the treatment people gave her. She was her own person, so whether people liked or disliked her, she never gave a damn. She just ignored them. They never meant anything, and even an ant was more interesting to her. But now that she grew up and was a mother, she couldn't let people talk to her that way. She had children to take care of. What would they do if they heard people talk that way toward their mother? She didn't care about her reputation but her children's reputations.

She thought, at first, that it was fine if people talked that way to her, as long as her children weren't involved. But little did she know that she was wrong. The more passive she was, the sadder her children were. That's why she couldn't be passive anymore.

Ah, she smirked in her heart. She really had changed now that she was a mother.