Chapter 7 (unedited)

~Psycho, Wait; Landon Austin mashup~

~Ñew, Too Much; Landon Austin mashup~

Lola deleted the number and left the calling room.

"Olivia!" Jelena shouted at her friend.

"Jelena." Lola nodded at Jelena, didn't she say her name so that Lola call her name back?

Jelena was taken aback by her friend coldness, "Where were you?!"

"You are a woman too, can't you understand what it meant to go to the toilet?"

"You mean..." Jelena made a disgusting face, "You went to the toilet with my cellphone?"

Lola didn't blink and just think, don't you also play games on your phone while you are popping? Even her daughter Lea was doing that, she will stay three hours sitting on the throne while watching her favourite cartoon. She chuckled at that memory. "No, kidding. Just checking my social media."

Jelena signed in relief, "Gosh, don't make a joke like that again."

"If you wish."

"..."

"Anyway, do you know when I can get out from the hospital and also, how much do I need to pay?" She didn't even know what kind of job that Olivia had, so she could only ask indirectly Jelena to pay for her.

But Jelena didn't catch the bait, "Forget about that, you are an unemployment now, how do you want to pay! Listen to me, I know you are stubborn, but you know I am never wrong! Put your pride aside and ask your ex-husband to pay for you."

Sure, she can do that, it isn't difficult at all. But she needed to do something first. She knew it wasn't good to upset a pregnant woman, but Jelena was neither her friend nor her husband so why must she care?

"I can do that but you also have to do something for me."

That was something her husband taught her when they first met, "Lola there is nothing free in this life. It's a give and takes. I give you my help and in exchange, I take your freedom. Deal?"

"Tell me." What kind of impossibility was her friend going to ask her?

"Stop calling him my ex-husband. In fact, don't call him at all." Lola wasn't a woman of words so she only spoke a few sentences but since her friends knew her since middle school, they didn't need her to explain. What she meant by that was the man had a name so they should call him by his name. But what Jelena understood was something else, she thought that Olivia was still in love with her ex-husband and was still pursuing him, so now she was jealous and upset that they kept reminding her that they weren't together anymore or yet. Such a pitiful and foolish girl.

"Sure..." Jelena looked pitifully at Olivia while that latter didn't understand at all.

Well, she was pregnant so she must be emotionally over nothing.

"Mummy!" The same boy ran to hug her which made Lola stiff. Being held wasn't the problem, she also hugged her friends' children but being called 'mummy' was the problem.

"Uh..." What was his name again? "Uh...boy, you are a big boy now, don't make a scene over nothing." She patted his head like she was patting a drum.

"But mommy-"

"No, but. I have to say something to..." To the man who gave birth to you seems a bit hard. "To Alden. Wait."

She felt really uncomfortable hearing he calls her 'mommy'.

At his father name, the kid eyes shinned. Maybe his parents were going to be together again?

"Jelena, could you keep him?" She looked at him with disdain but no one saw that since it was for a few seconds.

"Sure, sure, Timothy come here!" Jelena took the child and couldn't help but cry for her friend's misfortune. Girl, do you really have to fight with your son to have his attention?

If Lola knew what Jelena was thinking, pregnant or not, she would have hit her. But since she didn't, she could only pat her friend's shoulder the same way she did with Timothy's head. She wasn't her husband so she didn't see the need to comfort her. They didn't know each other, so seeing her crying didn't make her sad or anything.

Seeing Alden, Lola quickly walked toward him, "Alden."

Alden raised an eyebrow and Landon smiled nervously, "I am going to see my wife! See you!"

Lola didn't even spare him a glance. "Alden."

"I heard you the first time, I am not deaf."

"Then why didn't you answer the first time? Unless you are ignoring me. If you want to do that, go ahead but after I finish talking."

Hearing her said that and see that she wasn't lying, Alden's heart felt a little unhappy seeing her truly not having any feeling. "..."

"Fine."

"..." What does fine mean?!

"Could you pay my hospital bill, please? I will pay you back with interest if you want. Could I also have some money for the taxi?" Even if Olivia had saved money, she couldn't use it. She didn't know that Olivia code pin to use her credit card.

Alden laughed, he knew now why she said that! It was because of money! That damned woman hadn't changed!

"So are you going to lend me money or not?" If not, she had to call the bank or someone but who would be willing to?

"I will do that for my son."

Yeah? Why do you need to explain? I am not a lawyer so I don't care for which reason you lend me money, all I care is to have money to pay the bill and then see my family. But feel free to talk if that what makes you happy. "Sure."

"What are you looking at?"

"Taxi money."

Alden signed but somehow, he wanted to give her a ride. He didn't understand himself. First, he wanted her to get out of his life but now that she wanted, he didn't want. "I will give you a ride."

"Sure. Thanks." At least she didn't have to find the address. "Do you think I can leave now?"

"You can't. You need the doctor approval first."

She nodded and went to her room. She thought he was a big figure by his appearance but it seemed she was wrong. If it was Arthur, they wouldn't need anything, they could leave whenever they wanted.

Ah, she really missed them.

"Mummy!"

Truly missed them!