Chapter 6 (unedited)

Lola signed at her husband's behaviour, he didn't even let her explain. "I do not wish to die Arthur otherwise I would have killed myself."

"Do you think it's the right time to make a joke? Do you think you are funny? I didn't know my wife wanted to be a clown. My bad, I should have helped you got into a fool college than a stylish school."

...But that wasn't a joke. She truly wanted to live.

"Anyway-"

"There is not anyway! Do you wish to die?!"

But before she could respond, someone beat her on the other side of the phone.

"Dad! Could you please lower your voice?! I am trying to make Lea sleep! Unlike someone who is supposed to do it, I mean by that a dad if you didn't understand. Oh yeah, you are an useless dad so you couldn't know that it was your job since you always leave it to mum."

"Zac..."

"And where is mum? You said she was on holiday so why hasn't she called yet?"

"She is on the aeroplane. So she can't speak."

Even though Lola couldn't see her son's face, she was sure he was loathing openly at his father. And she wasn't wrong.

"Oh, so there is a 24 hours flight? I didn't know that existed. Which country is that? Which country needs you to flight 24 hour from the USA to arrive? I need to ask my teacher, thanks dad I am learning new things from you. Even going to Sydney is less than 24 hours so I really want to know which country is that." He snorted with a mocking smile. "You work in that field, you are a CEO and yet you don't know even that basic information. You should go back to school. So where is mum now?"

Lola tried to hold her laugh but couldn't so she put the silenced voice and laughed.

"Zac...Your mum is tired. She can't speak right now."

"Yeah, yeah. That sound more possible than your 24 hours flights dad. I am ashamed that I have a dad like you, how can you be a CEO. Anyway, unlike someone, I have to get up early tomorrow so I can't chat with you. I expect to have mum tomorrow."

Even if Arthur and Lola weren't in Zac's head they knew what their son was thinking: thickheaded.

Lola removed the silenced voice and chuckled as she said, "You are right Arthur. Before he hated you now he doesn't. He despises you."

"He loathes at me."

"He abhors you."

"He is repudiating by me. Anyway, are we going to have a talk about that?"

"You said earlier that he didn't hate you, I am only trying to prove my point. He, indeed, despises you. So it means that he hates you too."

"He's your son."

"He is yours too. I couldn't possibly have him alone."

"Anyway, back to you."

"If Zac heard that you are threatening me, what do you think he is going to do?"

"Planning my murder."

"No, he wouldn't."

"That is correct, he is still my son. So going to make me bankrupt and send me to prison."

"Correct."

"True."

"Why did you say that? You could have said that I have a new project so I needed to stay at work? Or my deadline is close so I needed silence to have inspiration?"

"I was panicking okay?!"

"I know." She smiled fondly at that. She knew that.

Arthur was a calm and calculating person, so for him to say some nonsense was very abnormal which meant he was panicking or afraid of something. She knew that. And that just showed how much he loved her.

And Zac, though he didn't like his father, knew his father well. Since his father said something absurd like that, he knew something happened that why he took care of Lea but he just couldn't help but stabbed his father with words. Zac wouldn't usually do that since his father was on the phone but since he was also panicking, he lost his calm. They were really the same.

Arthur signed, if before he was a little bit sceptical about this event, now he knew she was definitely Lola. Even the tone was the same. Thinking about how his dear son will despise him more, he didn't have the mood to threaten his wife anymore.

"How are you going to deal with these old slags?"

"If they don't do anything, nothing. If they dare, then I will do the same."

"You can also let Zac deal with them."

"Doesn't he have school? How could I let him?"

"Still, it's better than him knowing by someone else. He is even more ruthless than me."

"He took after you."

"After you too."

Lola smiled sweetly at that, "So, what should I do?"

"Now you are asking my opinion?"

"You are husband if I am not asking your opinion, who should I ask?"

Arthur was pleased after hearing that. "Just give me the information about that woman named Olivia and let me one week to deal with." Arthur lowered his voice and Lola could felt the tension from the phone. "But you, don't go around playing housewife with someone else. I don't care if Zac hates me after killing his mum, but do that I'll cheat on you too."

Lola frowned at his words, "Rather than me, shouldn't you be the one not playing house husband with someone else?" She meant dumbass by that and Arthur knew it but before he could respond they heard people calling 'Olivia'. "I am going, I'll call you later and delete that number."

Arthur chuckled at that, he felt better hearing his wife jealous because he had an unknown number.