Chapter 8

"You're still here?" Akaashi asked as he peeked into Kuroo's room.

"Yeah, I'm looking through the stuff that you found me" Kuroo said before he sipped on his coffee.

"You know, you missed an official meeting. That's already two that you missed, one more and you'll have to write a report" Akaashi sighed, but Kuroo didn't seem to listen. He even had his reading glasses on.

"I know, but if I don't kill Kenma until the next meeting, He is going to whoop my ass straight into solitary" Kuroo flipped through the same pages again.

"Okay, okay, I'm gonna go research more" with that Akaashi closed the door and left Kuroo alone.

Kuroo was too busy browsing through all the info that Akaashi had gathered him, but so far all theories didn't fit. He would have went to Kenma right after he met Shoyo, but Akaashi practically threw the papers at him.

Speaking of Shoyo, Kuroo met up with Tobio first who seemed to be very nervous around his senior and one of the most credible reapers out of all. He shared his experience and then told Kuroo where to find Hinata.

Since Hinata was a freshly reaped soul, he wasn't in his personal hell yet. Kuroo had some time to talk to him and he learned some new things about Kenma.

Apparently Hinata befriended him a few years ago because he looked really empty and from that day on he was determined to get that spark in his eyes, however all his efforts failed. Still, Kenma remained a loyal friend even when Hinata became shrouded in rumors of him getting into university through connections.

Kuroo also had Hinata write a handwritten note for Kenma and draw a tiny bird that was basically his signature.

A yawn escaped Kuroo's mouth as he finished going through the documents. It has been two days since he last saw Kenma and he was starting to miss him, which was bad.

He didn't want to be attached to him, but he couldn't help it!

Kenma was just so different from all the other victims, his personality was weird and he was the only who had practically no life force in him.

After organizing and putting the papers on his table, Kuroo decided to go to Kenma, maybe something changed. That, however, was wishful thinking. Kuroo appeared right next to his house again, only one light was on.

As Kuroo made his way to the door, he couldn't help but wonder what else made him so attached to the boy. The door, to his surprise, was partly opened alongside with a few windows, however the house almost emitted negative energy.

Kuroo grabbed the handle and opened the door slowly, he was quite shocked to see Kenma sitting on the couch and staring blankly at the wall.

"Good evening, how are you feeling?" Kuroo asked as he walked in, but received no answer.

Kenma was probably still sulking and it was understandable. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the note, Kuroo slowly slid it to Kenma before making his way to the kitchen for some tea.

What made him turn around was a noise coming from Kenma. He had one of his hands on his mouth, the other was holding the note. To be honest, Kuroo didn't read it. He respected the privacy (as if breaking into someone's home is respecting their privacy).

"Kenma, I know you're sad. The loss of someone important always hits hard, but I'm here for you" Kuroo said as he placed a warm cup of green tea in front of him.

"I know... but it's just sad, Kuroo. Just how pathetic am I? How could I ignore someone I cared about? I only got to know about his death when his sister called me and asked me to come to the funeral... I'm so terrible" Kenma said as he folded the note carefully and put it in his pocket. He then turned jis gaze to Kuroo who was giving him a warm smile.

"You're not terrible, you're just confused. I'm sure you had a lot going on in your life. His sister called you, right? That means she knew that Shoyo would want you to be there and say your last goodbyes to him, so stop being so depressed, okay?" Kuroo put his hand on Kenma's shoulder as he smiled at the sad boy.

Almost in an instant Kenma pushed his hand away and stood up. He stepped closer to Kuroo before falling onto him and hugging him, quite unexpected considering Kuroo stood there frozed for a few seconds.

Kuroo's heart started racing as he felt the warm air hit his chest, Kenma's slender fingers rested on his back. There was no space between them. Usually, Kuroo would have pushed a person away for invading his personal space, but this was somehow okay.

He didn't even feel how he wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, pulling his closer into his embrace. He drew circles with his thumb on Kenma's back to calm him down, but he didn't want to let go.

Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

He wanted to stay how they are for eternities to come.

Kuroo even started thinking about the life a rogue reaper, being hunted by others, but living an adventurous life with someone you adore.

And at that exact moment Kuroo realized something.

He was in love.

.

.

.

.

...

OmG???? Kuroo in love??? Gay love in this fanfic??? What bullshit is this?? Not in my suburban neighborhood

Anyway, hope you guys are doing fine!!

-hatari