Chapter 9

"Kuroo, you have been in your room for days now, come out, the meeting is starting soon" Akaashi said as he knocked on the door. He heard Kuroo let out a weird noise.

"I don't know what happened, but if you don't come to the meeting, you'll be in trouble. Be there" Akaashi sighed before walking away.

Kuroo had barricaded himself in his room with no intentions of leaving until the feelings go away, but they just kept getting stronger. Everytime he would close his eyes, an image of Kenma would pop up. Everytime he covered his ears to shut out any noise he could hear Kenma's voice.

His heart would beat faster everytime he thought of him. This was dangerous, considering that falling in love with a human was forbidden, looked down upon and Kuroo could lose his status.

However, he knew he couldn't miss this meeting, it was way too important. The Devil himself was attending and missing this meeting would cause Kuroo to go to the solitary, which is like detention for reapers.

And so, he pushed all the empty boxes of pizza from Pizza Hell off of him and stood up. He was a mess. His hair was messier than usual and he probably smelt bad too, but I wouldn't know that.

"Ugh... why, Kenma? Why? Why? Why?.." Kuroo exhaled. He felt guilty too, leaving Kenma like that..

When he realized that he has feelings for the boy, he freaked out. He pushed Kenma away and stared at him in disbelief. Kenma seemed confused and almost hurt. He kept asking what's wrong but all Kuroo managed to say was "Disgusting".

After this he fled leaving Kenma alone.

He felt guilty immediately. Maybe Kenma got a bruise when he fell on the floor. What if he felt even worse? He probably did.

But Kuroo couldn't bring himself to go and see him, he was afraid of the things he might do. So, he kept a safe distance.

After around 15 minutes in the shower and a lot of staring in the mirror, Kuroo was ready to go. He didn't want to, but attending a meeting seemed better than getting tied up in those feelings again.

He made his way through many corridors, walked downstairs, crossed a street until he faced thr biggest building in hell, one responsible for reapers and their work. Kuroo usually spent most of his time there, but after the whole thing with Kenma he went back to his own room where he hadn't been for years.

"I'm surprised you're here" he heard Akaashi say the moment he entered the building.

"Can't miss. Gotta attend" he spoke quietly.

"Well at least you have a little bit of brain left" Akaashi snickered.

"How's the Bokuto thing?" Kuroo asked, trying to avoid all possible topics relating to Kenma.

"Oh, that. Yeah, I killed him. You know, for a moment there I was starting to think that I might have feelings for him! That was so dumb, it was all because he looked like my ex. Once I came to that realization, I killed him without any effort!" Akaashi said, making Kuroo flinch slightly. "I mean, imagine us, reapers, having feelings for those pathetic humans! What a joke!"

"Yeah... a joke" Kuroo faked a laugh. He had never been so glad to reach the meeting room before.

The meeting, as usual, went by very slowly. Kuroo almost fell asleep listening to all those numbers he didn't care about. The only reasons keeping him awake were: His Excellency sitting in the front and Tendou poking Kuroo's thigh.

Reapers talked about the numbers of victims, the budget and stuff like that, as if it mattered to Kuroo.

It ended with His Excellency telling everyone to work hard and stuff, however little did Kuroo know - that was not the end to him.

"Kuroo Tetsurou, stay here for a bit" Devil said (name will not be released). Kuroo felt a light tap on his shoulder, it was Akaashi. He gave him a reassuring nod before walking out and leaving Kuroo alone with Him.

"Yes, sir?" Kuroo quickly fixed his hair.

"You look stiff, calm down. I heard from Akaashi that you're having troubles" He gestured Kuroo to sit down. The other immediately obeyed.

"Yes, sir. I am having troubles, but I didn't want to bother you with them" Kuroo said.

"I treasure you, Kuroo. So, from Keiji's words I understood that no matter what you do, your victim doesn't die" He watched as Kuroo nodded slightly.

Actually, Kuroo cursed Akaashi in his head, now there was no way to get out of killing Kenma.

"Yes, we can't seem to find a solution to that" deep down Kuroo hoped that He would say that there is no solution and Kenma can live in, however that wasn't the case.

"You can't find a solution to that. Usually I myself take care of cases like that. Let me explain what is happening here" He sat down in front of Kuroo and crossed his legs.

"It's a paradox. When a person wants to live, it's very easy to kill them. Even if it's a suicidal person, all of them, really deep down, wish to live. That's where the problem comes in. In your case, it's not that the person is suicidal, they just have no will to live. I'm sure you noticed it too, dead eyes that is." He explained making Kuroo confused. "The paradox is that, when a person has absolutely no will to live and are in complete peace with death, they cannot die. The only way to do that is to make them want to live at least for a minute and kill them during that time."

"And how exactly am I supposed to do that?" Kuroo raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you already know how, Kuroo"

.

.

.

.
..

The devil is so nice, look at him being all nice and shit ❤
Anywayyyy I'm free from my exams!
-hatari