✖Chapter 10✖

"Kuroo?" Kenma peeked out as he heard knocking.

Kuroo was standing infront of his door with a bouquet of white roses. He was smiling apologetically.

"Hi.. Uhm, may I come in?" He asked. A second later Kenma opened the door widely for Kuroo to come in.

"What winds brought you here, Mr. Reaper?" Kenma let out a chuckle.

"I just wanted to apologize for what I did last time, you know, pushing you away and stuff" Kuroo said as he held out the bouquet. Kenma took it quickly and practically buried his face in the roses.

"It's okay, I wasn't mad. Just a bit sad you left so suddenly" Kenma quickly ran to the kitchen and put the flowers in the sink, since he didn't have a vase.

"Hey, Kenma, I have a question" Kuroo stood in his place, frozen. He didn't dare to move any closer to Kenma. His scythe was clean and read to use at any moment.

"Yeah, what is it, Kuroo?" Kenma asked as he came back.

"Are you completely fine with the idea of dying at any given moment?" Kuroo's breathing stopped as he waited for an answer.

"Yeah, why?" Kenma answered bluntly. Kuroo felt his heart drop to the bottom on his stomach. So it was true, then again why did he ever doubt His words?

"What if there was something worth living for?" Kuroo gulped down his fear and gathered his confidence up.

"Like what?" Kenma was standing right in front of him, staring at him with his dead eyes.

"Like me" Kuroo finally looked at him, his cheeks were flushed bright red, almost peach. His hand were starting to sweat.

"W-What do you mean?" Kenma raised an eyebrow.

"I mean that... would it be worth living for me if I told you that I like you?" Kuroo asked. His voice was calm and soothing.

"Kuroo.. are you for real?" Kenma asked, his hands were trembling.

"Yeah. I like you, Kenma. No, I love you. For centuries I thought that I wasn't worthy to feel such a feeling, but here I am. My heart beats for you, Kenma. I feel happy everytime I think about you. I realized that until now, everything had been leading up to me meeting you. I used to be so cold and ruthless, and now I'm...different. All thanks to you, Kenma. You saved me and all I want to do is save you" Kuroo exhaled deeply as he finished talking. His confidence immediately dropped and fear came back again.

Kenma's eyes swelled up with tears and for the first time Kuroo saw a small spark in his eyes, they seemed to slowly regain their original color of deep gold. Without any warning Kenma fell into Kuroo's arms.

"You know, I think it's worth living for you, Kuroo... " he said quietly as he gripped his shirt. "Everytime I would see you I couldn't help but smile. You brought warmth into my cold world, Kuroo. I want to live for you, for us, so we could enjoy our life together, forever..."

Kuroo slowly wrapped his arms around him, his eyes turned from brown to red as his scythe appeared in front of him.

"I love you, Kenma.. and I'm sorry.."

With these words Kenma's grip went loose, and Kuroo was left holding his lifeless body in his arms, crying for the first time in centuries.

The end.