Chapter 23 - Meet the family

Lily in the top picture.

Searching though my closet trying to find something to wear to zander's family dinner. What do you wear to a family dinner anyways... grrrr...

"Did you just growl?" ask zander peaking his head in the closet.

"Yes I did. What do i wear?" I ask

"Wear a nice dress?"

"Me wear a dress, a hybrid demon in a dress"

"Why is that a problem? I think you would look hot in a dress."

"Fine I'm go see what jules has"

After I went to jules room, since i dont own many dresses. She helped me curl my hair and I pick a dress out of her closet. A beautiful black floral laced cut out long sleeved black dress.

I put on my black heels

I put on my black heels. Then I raced down the stair to see zander stand in a black tux.

"You look beautiful" zander said
" you dont look to bad yourself" i said walking past him out the door.

We take his red dodge challenger to the restaurant. We arrived at the Per Se one of my favorite restaurants here in new York.
As we walk into the restaurant i look around, it is an elegant space reminiscent of a Parisian living room. The cream colored walls, horizontal mirrors in linear formations and mahogany furniture.

I start to feel nervous it been over 3 year since I seen lily I wonder how she will react seeing me again.

"Is everything okay?" Zander asks he hold his elbow out and I drape my arm through.
"Just nervous" I give him a less then convincing smile.
"They will love you"

"Ya until they find out I killed their oldest son. Have you even told your father yet. I mean is was the reason you were looking for them from reaper in the first place"

"No I haven't. But I'm sure they will understand that you didn't have a choice.. okay maybe we shouldn't bring that up at the table." I nod zander leads me to the butler as we follow him to our table where zander family is already waiting.

His family stands to greet us.

"Hello Ms.Black its nice to see you again" Lorenzo say as he kisses my hand.

"Call me Roxie. Nice to see you to Mr. King."

" Call me Lorenzo. This is my wife sandra and our daughter lily." He said as he introduced me to a slim older lady she looks to be in her early 40 short brown and brown eyes beautiful tan skins. Definitely looks like an older version of lily. Sandra is wear a maroon v-neck dress. Lily is wear a sparkly pink dress.

"Rox is that really you" say lily as she looks up at me.
"Yes sweetie it's me." I say has a grab her for a hug. I can't believe she remembers me. She has grown so much since I seen her last After what seems like hours I let her go and we sit down. Lily sitting right beside me.