Chapter 6. Hold still

Once Jaime and I got to my house, I immediately started on the homework I got from Spanish class. I wanted to get it out of the way already because of the party and Jaime understood. Sure she was mostly distracting me and playing with anything she could find in my room while I did the homework but that's okay.

"Are you done now?" she throws herself onto my bed, causing me to scribble off on my paper. I give her a blunt look and erase the mess she caused me to make.

"No." she groans.

"Now?"

"No."

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

"Now?"

"Yes."

"Really!?" she smiles.

"No."

"Aaagh!" she throws herself back onto my pillows.

I am almost done, but I don't want to tell her. I just need to identify if 5 more words are either an Aguda or an Esdrujula, but if I tell Jaime this she'll yank me away saying that not doing 5 is okay.

"There," she doesn't even ask if I am joking this time, she yanks my paper and binder away from me and tosses it somewhere else on the bed. She then takes me by both arms and walks me over to my vanity mirror.

"Sit." I do as told.

"I am doing your hair," she pulls drawer after drawer open looking for, I assume, a hair iron.

"Why? What is wrong with how it is?" I ask, looking at my hair. It looks fine.

"It looks too plain, it needs a little more pazaz."

I am slightly hurt by her words, but I know she means well. Even if she did call my hair plain.

"Oh don't be sad babe, I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that we are going to a party and we have to at least do something to it."

I guess she's right.

"Where's your curler?"

"Bottom left drawer," she sighs and gets the curler, connecting it shortly afterwards.

After a couple minutes, Jaime finishes with my hair. She did it so there are a few curls, but overall wavy. She parts my hair so that most of it is on the left side and curls the front of my hair at the beginning of my cheek bone, making it look like I have bangs. I like how it looks and so does she. Jaime's hair it is already curled, but I convince her to put it in a ponytail. Her short blonde hair looks cute in a pony when her hair is curled. Once she puts on her leather jeans and white top she likes how it looks as well.

Afterwards she retouches her make-up, and tries to convince me to put some on too, but I don't give in. My mother won't approve. I almost change my mind when I see her doing her eyeliner, but thankfully I don't. I don't need to wear make-up. I think.

"At least put on mascara Lizzy." she holds out her new mascara and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Fine." I give in. It's just mascara, what harm will it do?

"Yay! Get over here!" she squeals. I smile and walk back to the vanity mirror, taking a seat on the cushion. I shouldn't be as excited as I am.

She takes out a eyelash curler from her makeup bag and I get even more excited.

"I just bought this one, same time as the mascara. I haven't used them but they are suppose to be amazing." she kneels down to eye level with me and a part of my excitement turns into nervousness. What if my lashes fall off.