Chapter 8. I'll do both.

"Morgan?" she gives me a sly smile. "You scared me, Jesus."

I say letting out a breath and closing the refrigerator door. She really did scare me. I make my way to the island table and lean my elbows against the marble platform. This is a nice island for a fraternity.

"What brings you here?" Morgan asks. I jump a little, I wasn't expecting her to continue talking to me. "I wouldn't have thought this your typical scene... or outfit."

I look down at my attire and blush, I almost forgot I was wearing this.

"Yeah well-" I stop myself, I can't tell her why I am really here. "My friend dragged me here. Why are you here?"

She fiddles with the island marble and shrugs her shoulders.

"It's the beginning of the year party,"

"The party for a college,"

"Yeah but it is better than those in town. A friend of mine goes here and is a part of the fraternity so..."

"Ahh." I understand.

"I got to say, that outfit is the last thing I would picture someone like you wearing." she says.

"Someone like me?" I ask.

"Oh don't do that, you know what I mean." I can't argue, I do know what she means. This isn't my scene or an outfit I would wear. I don't know what I am doing here,wearing this, I should have never listened to Jaime.

"Well I wouldn't have pictured this as your scene either," I say.

"Oh is that so?" she asks.

"It is, you don't look like a fraternity party going girl," I say gesturing to her outfit. She is wearing a black lacey top with short black cut shorts with black leggings under covering her skin, and to top it off, she is wearing black combat boots. Black everything.

"What is my typical scene? A dark alley filled with emo's getting high and cutting themselves?" She raises a perfectly threaded eyebrow.

"No- I didn't mean.. Not that- I'm sorry." I apologize. She begins to laugh and I am left confused. Did I not hurt her feelings?

"I was joking! But god did that scene sound like a dream," she looks enchanted and I am left frozen.

"Again, joking!" she laughs. "Loosin up a bit."

I smile and begin to laugh at her joke. It isn't really my sense of humor but it was sort of funny the way she sounded serious then wasn't. She has a sarcastic sense of humor, I should keep that in mind.

"You should come join me with my friends." she smiles.

"Oh no, no thank you but-"

"Oh c'mon, because your schedule is so busy?" she gestures around us. She laughs lightly and grabs my forearm, dragging me out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"No no Morgan it's fine I really don't want to." I insist. She is pushing her way through people to get to the stairs that lead to the second floor like it is nothing. I guess she is use to this.

"Just come, you have nothing to do. It'll be fun." I try to get my forearm out of her surprisingly strong grip but it seems impossible.

I finally stop resisting and just follow Morgan up the stairs, how bad could this be? Like she said I have nothing else to do, Jaime is mingling and Morgan is the first person at this party other than Jaime that I recognize. I may not have talked to Morgan other than the time her and Henry Dean asked to borrow a pencil and piece of paper but that is better than nothing right? She is acting like we've talked more than that anyways.