chapter 4

After Bellamy's speech, they stayed quiet. They were so tired, so hungry, so hurt and scared, they fell asleep in each other's arms. Somehow, they wanted to believe this was all just a bad dream and that sleeping would resolve their problems, make everything go away.

Bellamy dreamt he was walking in a garden with flowers of every type. It was beautiful. He chase a blue butterfly, which lead to Octavia, that was happily playing with them, running and jumping like the joyful child she always wanted to be.

He walked a bit more, finding a river with glowing fish swimming inside it. He noticed someone on the other side. They were lying on the light green grass, being kissed by the sun. It was Monty and Jasper, and they had both a huge grin on their faces.

He noticed Miller, Raven and Murphy too. Miller was trying to make a surf board, Bellamy knew how much he wanted to surf, but he was also sure Miller couldn't do that on the river. He laughed. Raven climbed a tree and was resting on a strong branch. He noticed her smile, he noticed she didn't have dark circles around her eyes anymore. She had two legs, both working perfectly fine. Murphy was there as well, he didn't have scars, he wasn't broken. He had a genuine smile on his face, while caressing a little animal (perhaps a bunny).

Bellamy sat by the river, staring at his reflection. He looked fresh, clean. His hair wasn't messy, he didn't have blood or injuries on his face (which was surprising).

His reflection then changed and Clarke's image appeared, as he was watching a movie. She was laughing, she was shining. Her hair, her face, her eyes -- they look pure, clean, lighter than before. Her smile was wide, she wore clothes that weren't damaged or too dark. It matched her eyes, it made her even more beautiful than she was.

Bellamy knew where he was.

Eden. The paradise.

He sighs. He would do anything to make this dream come true, he would do anything to see a smile in each face of his friends.

He wanted them to reach happiness, no matter how hard that would be.

__

Clarke dreamt she was in a black hole, cold and empty. She was alone, surrounded by complete darkness.

She started walking to the left, to the right -- there was no use, though. There wasn't a way out, there wasn't a place she could go to. The only thing she could do was wake up, but that's not just something you decide in your sleep.

Screams started echoing, far far away. Clarke tried to follow the noise, it was getting louder and louder. She stopped as she recognized the voices.

Lexa, screaming. Jasper, crying. Wells, panicking. Finn's voice entering her ears abruptly.

''You did this to me''

''This is on you, wanheda''

''You ordered my death''

''Princesses must kill, right?''

''Everywhere you go, everything you do, you end up hurting everyone''

''I lost everything because of you''

Clarke yelled them to stop talking, while covering her ears with the hands. She was surrounded by the noise; everywhere she went, it was there. All that broken voices, all that voices filled with sadness and anger -- they were a part of Clarke. She couldn't get rid of them.

This was her hell.

___

After they both woke up, it was day already. They slept almost an entire day, which wasn't exaggerated at all considering how few they had slept since they first arrived on Earth.

Two days passed since praimfaya. There were no fires anymore, everything simply turned into ashes. They were getting weaker, they still hadn't found any food.

''I think we can still survive a few weeks without eating. Maybe two months tops.'' Clarke spoke for the first time in a while.

''In the meantime, I might eat one of your little fingers.'' Bellamy answered, with a small smirk on his lips.

''If I don't eat on of yours first, that is.'' She replied back instantly, equally joking.

___