chapter 5

One month since praimfaya passed.

Clarke and Bellamy hadn't eaten; they looked pale, getting skinnier as the days passed. They didn't stop fighting, though. Bellamy healed completely after the first week and ever since then, they tried to build a shelter. They also made up a technique that helped them collect raindrops, since that was their only meal.

Sometimes, they had allucinations and fights over something they thought was food -- it wasn't. It never was.

''That's it,'' Bellamy started. ''I'll refuse to stay here one more second.''

''What are you talking about?''

''Four weeks passed, Clarke. We have to keep moving until we find a river, animals,.. I don't know, something.''

''I doubt anything survived but us, Bell. Might as well enjoy this day like it's our last one.''

''No way,'' Bellamy snorts shaking his head. ''This is not how I want to spend my last day on Earth.''

''Well, I don't think this is my fault, now, is it?'' She attacked.

''What's that supposed to mean?'' He leaned closer to Clarke, with a confusing look on his face.

''I didn't ask you to stay behind.'' The blonde girl simply says, turning her back to him while walking to their shelter.

''You didn't need to ask me to stay behind,'' Bellamy walked equally to the shelter, not wanting to end this conversation.

''I know,'' She turns to him once more, crossing her arms. ''I know how I asked you to go and keep an eye on them, yet you stayed here being stubborn. Like always.''

''So what? You're saying that you would be better without me?'' He questions coldly.

''I might be saying exactly just that.'' Clarke lets slip almost in a scream, regretting it right after.

Bellamy widens his eyes while hearing her response, not really believing what he just heard. He didn't regret staying behind because he thought he was doing a good job protecting her, keeping her sane, helping her. He didn't regret it... until now.

''I'll do you a favor then, Princess.'' He gives her a fake smile before drinking water and leaving right after.

He had no idea where he was going, but he was hoping he could find food. He was still breathing, after all.

__

Clarke was curled up in a ball thinking about Bellamy while she was crying and licking her own tears. She was hungry, she was heartbroken and she was sad. It couldn't get worse.

Bellamy left an hour ago and Clarke had a feeling he wouldn't come back like he did the other times.

When Bellamy and Clarke fought, Bellamy would usually leave for ten minutes while Clarke would stay inside the shelter. When Bellamy came back, he would sit next to her. They would wait a bit more and then, when they felt like they were ready, they would look at each other in the eyes and just sheepishly smile, forgiving each other instantly.

Today wasn't the case, though. Their fights were about food and allucinations related to food. This time, they fought about something bigger than food: trust, protection.

Whipping her tears away, Clarke gets up and grabs the drop-collector (as they named it). She decided she was going to find Bellamy and apologize.

The truth is, she was happy he stayed behind for her. Bellamy made her happy.

__