Prologue

"But...but ma'am..."
With a swish of her long black cloak the queen whipped around to face the cowering guard.

"Carlos! You have failed me twice already! I will not settle for a third!" The queen snapped. She gracefully swept over to the other side of the office where the phone lay on the table. Across the room, Carlos knelt down, sweat pouring from his forehead. He had no idea what was to become of him.

The queen smirked and sank into the thick, satin chair, the color of rich rubies. She winked at Carlos and picked up the phone.

Carlos clasped his hands in a silent prayer. The sweat mixed with his tears as he awaited his fate.
"You have failed me TWICE!" The queen snapped, the phone still in her hand. "And now you will suffer the consequences!"
With a slight smirk, she brought the phone to her ear.

"I would like to file an execution."
Carlos' face turned an interesting shade of green. He scrambled to his feet and rushed to the queen's side. He clasped her hand that wasn't holding the phone.

"M...my lady...my queen....please! Please! I promise to never fail you again! Please!"
The queen snatched her hand away with mild disgust.
"You had multiple chances, Carlos."
Her sea green eyes flitted to the door.
"Guards! Take him away! Have him...hanged!"

She burst into evil laughter as the two guards took hold of Carlos' arms. Carlos screamed and pleaded with mercy until he was dragged out of the room.
The queen sank back into her chair.
"Carlos failed with finding my daughter. It's been two weeks. Enough is enough."

The queen picked up her phone again.
"Thomas! I need about three thousand papers printed all across the town. I must find my daughter within three months which is when she turns eighteen. If we don't find her, there will be no heir to the throne."
The queen listened patiently to the response.

"Yes, Thomas. Make it six million dollars. I will pick five youngsters to go on a quest and find her. I don't care if they are beggars, servants, or candle makers. Just print the damn papers."
Satisfied, the queen gently placed her phone back on the table. She leaned back.
"Don't worry, Lydia darling. We will find you."

*************

AAAGH omg this is my first story!! Please don't kill me if it's terrible. But if it's not half bad, comment and vote! Juicy times will be coming soon.
ONE MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:
Next chapters will be introducing the princess's saviors! They are solely for getting background information on the characters so you can see why they decided to go on the journey.

Enough said. Until then, my loves <3