A Happily Ever After..

I think this may be our last chapter guys...:( thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and voting on my story! It gave me so much confidence!
************

"Lydia!"

The queen rushed forward, embracing her daughter as tears flew down her cheeks.

The journey back to the castle was much easier. The girls were greeted by the Queen's guards outside of the graveyard who were sent by helicopter to find them.

"Oh my princess...are you alright?" She gasped, noticing the scars on her angelic face. "Your gown is all mussed my dear!"

"I am alright, mother. The girls here saved me!"

She beamed and gestured over to Audrey, Carlin, and Rae. The queen turned her steely eyes on the girls and surveyed.

"I sent five...where are the rest?"

Carlin looked down, tears pricking at her eyes. The queen's head swiveled back and forth between the princess and the other girls.

"Oh," she finally murmured, understanding what happened. "Oh my, I'm...wow...well alright...I'm sorry for your losses then."

"Well do we get the reward or what?" Snapped Audrey, her voice echoing through the spacious room.

The queen moved to her big leather armchair and leaned back.

"No," she said simply.

"You've gotta be fucking KIDDING me!" Shrieked Audrey throwing her arms up. "This took JUST about three months to get your stupid princess back who BY THE WAY didn't even want to come at first, thus prolonging this trip and leading to the deaths of Indie and Scarlet!"

"Calm down, young lady." Growled the queen, rising slowly. "You do not speak to royalty like that, otherwise I have you hanged."

"I wouldn't even care at this point," grumbled Audrey.

Carlin grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Anyway," The queen continued, sinking back into her chair. "You girls do not get the reward because——"

"Uh excuse me, ma'am," a guard knocked on the door and poked his head through. "We need you in the foyer at this very minute."

The queen sighed and stood up.

"Thank you, James. I will report there immediately."

"What about us?" Squeaked Rae uncertainty.

"You ladies will stay here until I get back. Lydia, you may come with me."

The queen drifted over to the door, first holding it open for Lydia, and then walking through herself. The door clicked as it shut.

"We don't get the fucking reward..." Audrey grumped, banging her fist on the wooden desk. "This is some serious bullshit."

"We rescued that damn princess and then Indie and Scarlet died...for nothing?" Rae piped up.

"Maybe there's a reason for this," Carlin said.

"It better be a damn good reason then," Audrey snapped back.

Rae opened her mouth to say something but suddenly the door flew open again and the queen swept back in. She left the scent of cinnamon and honeysuckle as she drifted passed the girls and sank down into her armchair again. Lydia was no longer with her.

"Now...where was I?" She smirked.

"You know exactly where we were," snarled Audrey. "Tell us why we don't get the reward."