Indie and Scarlet

Don't worry guys, after this chapter, we get to the more fun stuff. Our last characters to be introduced are Indie and Scarlet.
************************************
I rolled over and accidentally smacked the person next to me in bed. She groaned and her arm slid out of the covers to grab me around the waist. I shivered.

"Morning, babe," I mumbled and scooted closer to the warm body. "We should probably get up for school."

This earned me a loud groan from my lover. I smirked, and sat up running a hand through my dark locks. Indie sat up too and did the same with her light brown locks. As usual, she looked gorgeous with her honey skin, and light brown hair that was slightly wavy. She rubbed her brown eyes and turned towards me, planting a kiss on my lips.

I giggled like a teenager. Which makes sense because I was. Seventeen years old, living in a mansion with my beautiful girlfriend.

"Scarlet, Indie, please hurry, ladies!" My grandmother called in her thick Russian accent. We had been living with her and my grandfather ever since our parents had kicked us out of the house for being gay. I remember my mother's exact words.

You are a disgrace to this household and family, Scarlet. You may no longer live here and I refuse to provide you. It was your choice to become a fucking dyke and I will not tolerate this any longer. Now leave, and NEVER come back.

Yeah, it wasn't a good day for me. But I'm more than happy living with my grandparents.

I slid out of bed and pulled on a camisole with some ripped jeans. Indie snuck up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, kissing my collarbone.

"Are you ready for school today, love?" She murmured into my neck as I reached behind and stroked her hair.
"We're learning how to control our powers."

Indie and I were light angels. We were sent down from heaven to guide all living beings to a happy life. But when I came out as gay to my parents, my mom revoked my privileges to help any life form fearing that I would "turn them gay" in her words.

I sighed and was about to respond when my grandmother yelled upstairs again.

"You girls better not be doing what I think you're doing! Don't make me come up there and whoop your naked asses!"

"GRANDMA!" I screeched as Indie burst out laughing and released my waist. My cheeks were probably redder than my reddest lipstick. Indie was too busy cracking up on my bed. I shot her an annoyed look and stomped downstairs. Indie followed, still giggling.

My grandmother smirked and placed to bowls of Chex Mix in front of us. I grabbed the spoon and began viciously shoving the cereal into my dry mouth. I saw Indie and my grandmother smirking at each other from the corner of my eye. Jerks.

"So girls," my grandmother started. She held up a crinkled flyer with a picture of the princess on it. "This flyer was tucked into the newspaper today. It's a reward of six million dollars if you find the princess within three months!"

I choked on my cereal. Indie whacked me on the back and I swallowed heavily. Six million dollars! Was it worth it? If I did, my family may accept me again but it was indeed a very dangerous journey.

"We're in!" Indie grinned. She turned me. "It'll be so much fun! We can make new friends!"

I sighed and took her hand. "Indie, this isn't about making friends, it's about saving the Princess. We'll probably have to fight ogres and use a lot of magic. It won't be easy."

"It'll build character!" My grandmother exclaimed. Indie looked at me with hopeful eyes. I groaned loudly. Was I really about to do this?

Oh yes I was.