15. Oh I'm Not The Cleaner

A/N

I didn't post for one week and I feel like I lost alot of supporters or idk!

Did you guys not like the last chapter?

Please engage and give feed back because I wont know unless you tell me!

Anywayyyy, enjoy this chapter.

.........................

"It'll be fun", Jimin assures as he taped away on his phone to call over his close contacts.
Soon enough the boys had filled up my shack-like apartment to the brim leaving barely any space in the room.

Luckily he understood it was too soon to face Jin and left him out of our hangout. It felt as if the rest of group was aware of my conflicting situation from the pity eyes and elongated hugs they gave me.

Not that I wasn't looking depressed enough already for the rest of the world. It was as if I wanted him to call and confront the issue and at the same time I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself alive so I would never have to talk about these feelings again.

Even as I sit on my sectioned desk this Monday morning, that night replayed over and over in my head.

Monday's at the office were especially dry. Not only were all my 'very important' colleagues drooling on their desks as the still recovered from the weekend but because of this very reason I was left to deal with 7 stories of snobby Harvard graduate mathematicians and overpaid Daddy's Favourites that lived off the concept of Absenteeism during the rest of the week.

I wish I could commence The Purge sometimes...

"Hello, Earth to N/Y/N can you clean the break room? There's like poppy seeds on the table and I just can't eat like that. I'm not an animal", she said peering down at me as I sat with my head perched up by my hands.

"Oh I'm not the cleaner", I retort not even fully listening to she has to say.

I clearly had bigger problems.

I would like to say I recognised her but I only remember her once prancing around the Financial Department following the Data Manger into his office like his tail. Then they closed the blinds.

That's all I ever needed to know about her.

"Well you are in charge of micelanious jobs, clearly", looking at my desk area that was covered with sticky notes full of chores around the office and a toaster I was suddenly expected to fix manually.

"Look sweety, me and Michael want to have lunch in the break room but we can't because you are incapable of doing your small and very easy job!", She continued and spoke about her fuck buddy as if simply mentioning his name next yours was a great deal.

All I knew of Michael was that he was the one who asked for the decaf coffee but sprinkled the sand equivalent of espresso powder into it defeating the whole purpose of decaf.

That's all I ever needed to know about him.

"Y/N?"

I heard his familiar but unexpected voice break the argument at hand. One look at him, I turn back to the steamed woman in front of me and gave her a look that was enough for her to leave stomping her wedged heels into the wood that may have dents now.

"What are you doing here?", I questioned Jin as he takes the place of the others before him.

"What? Oh I thought we always ate lunch together. I came to pick you up."

"No, what are you doing here?" I gesture to the surrounding area and after begin an attempt to clean my clustered desk as he thought of an answer.

"I just thought I would come up since you weren't answering your phone. Is everything okay, you seem nervous?", He questioned genuinely concerned.

"Of course", I plaster a smile as I try to hide the toaster underneath my seat.

Jin had always waited outside. Jin has never seen my working conditions. 

I thought I could have kept it that way.

I can't lie, it embarrassing for my ego to be seen cleaning other people's messes and bowing down to the inconsiderate. Especially when your significant other is his own boss at everything in life. 

This wasn't what I wanted or ever planned.

"Lucy, get my coat!", I turn for the first time today to the ground floor assistant over to my left who hadn't spoken an unnecessary word all day. The only person I have any authority over.

"Yes miss." She whispered, leaping up to go get my coat.

Jin leans down covering my computer with his face to look me eye to eye.

"Are you embarrassed of me?", I can't believe we had become this upfront. His breath hit my face while saying so which increased the intensity level up a notch.

" I- no. I'm not! But look at this, aren't you?" I couldn't comprehend how he didn't feel ashamed seeing me like this, I was the help, someone so irrelevant and so disrespected and he saw it right before his eyes. I had always been grateful my brother never got to see me like this, I liked the version of me that he passed away with. I'm glad to be remembered the way I was with him.

Jin's eyes fill up with emotions quick enough I wasn't able to catch each individually. I saw glimpses of betrayal, anger and utter shock which scared me.

He grabs my forearm and pulling me out of my desk chair that squeaked ever time I made a movement and pulls me in the direction of the exit.

"Come on, we are leaving."

"Wait my coat" I say barely over a whisper, too scared to argue with the Jin in front of me.

He looked pissed.

Lucy rushes in as if she heard me scolding her off in my head to pass me my coat. I quickly take it off her and rush toward him as he waited with a foot in between the elevator doors waiting for me.

His arms crossed was enough to tell me he wasn't slightly pleased with what I said.

I step into the elevator and walk up to where he stood. I take his left arm and pull it down to uncross it from the pose he was in before and begin to rub it to soothe him.

I know it worked when I see his eyebrows relax and that familiar gentle look on his face comes back.

"I'm embarrassed of many things, the way my voice still cracks even though I'm twenty or the fact I feel like a mother with some of my friends but not you Y/N. Never you. It takes a lot of balls to put up with those kinds of people. If anything I applaud you." He huffs out while pulling me in from the waist.

...............
Soooooo..... WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!!?
I think you get more of an insight into her life.

Tell me what you think.

Add this to your library. Vote. Comment. Share!