Ch. 12: Changing

*Briley & Rayan*

Briley heads to Bella’s Boutique which is owned by Sienna. Surprisingly Sienna is there. “I’m shocked to see you here!” Briley tells her as she’s browsing through the expensive clothes.

Sienna smiles. “My days are normally consumed by business meeting but today I get a break so I’m chilling in here.” She tells her. “This would be cute on you.” Sienna says as she picks up a teal sundress.

Briley stares at it for a while. “This is the type of stuff that Rayan says I need to start wearing. You know I’m not all into the fancy looking clothes.” She says.

Sienna just stares at her. “You may not be from the best background but you don’t have to stay there. It’s okay to change. Changing doesn’t mean you’re forgetting where you came from it just means you know where you’re going in the future and it’s not back.” She says and hands her the dress. “Try it on.”

Briley smiles at her. As much of a bad friend she’s been to Sienna and vice versa she’s starting to see their friendship blossoming. She comes out in the sundress. “How do I look?” She asks shyly. She’s not use to wearing anything this fancy.

Sienna smiles brightly. “You look ravishing and classy.” She responds. She grabs three more dresses. “It’s on the house girlie.” She tells her.

Briley stares at her for a while. “Why are you being so nice to me?” She asks.

Sienna shrugs. “I guess I’m just tired of being alone. I’ve never had a legit reason to dislike you besides the fact that you can be a little ghetto at times but you can’t help how you were raised. I’m seeing the real you and you’re lost like I am at this point. We may as well be cool rather than be enemies.”

One of Sienna’s sales associates taps her on her shoulders. “This came in the mail with your name on it.” She says and hands her the envelope.

Sienna opens it immediately and sees a check for a million dollars in it. She’s taken aback. “Who is this from?” Sienna asks the associate.

“There’s no name for the return address.” She states.

Briley’s eyes get big. “Girl, do you know what you could do with a million dollars?”

Sienna pulls out the letter that’s in the envelope. It reads: I know while we were together you said you didn’t want my help financially with your boutique. We’re not together anymore so take this money gracefully. You’ve worked so hard for it and you deserve more than this. I remember you talking about getting involved in different charities and expanding Bella’s, here’s your start. You thought I wasn’t listening but I always was which is why I started a bank account with your name on it where I put back money for you and your business. I’m not trying to buy you back I just want you to know that you’re still loved and I respect whatever decision you make pertaining to us. You have a bright future ahead of you and you surely don’t need me for it but I pray someday I can see how wonderful you’re going to grow to be and I just pray I’m still in your life in a great way when it happens.

Tears form in Sienna’s eyes. She had no idea he had set up an account for her. The money wasn’t appealing to her but his efforts were. She simply smiles and puts the check and letter back into the envelope. “You want to go for lunch?” She asks Briley.

Briley smiles. “Sure.” She answers.

“Scarlett, can you hold it down while I’m gone?” She asks her sales associate.

“I always do. Have fun!” She tells her as Sienna and Briley leave.

They ride in Sienna’s Mercedes SUV to one of Sie’s favorite restaurants.