Ch. 14: Life Additions

*Chresanto & Sienna*

Sienna is lying on the couch incoherent. The room is spinning and her vision is going blurry.

Chresanto sits in his vehicle for a while. He can’t seem to get the urge to drive away from her condo. He walks back up to her doorstep. He rings the doorbell continuously. “Sienna, open the door!” He yells believing she’s simply ignoring him. He beats on the door more.

Sienna rallies up a small amount of energy and opens the door. Before she can say anything to him she collapses to the ground.

He holds her on the ground. He’s staring at her with so much concern. He doesn’t know what is happening to her. “Baby, what’s wrong?” He asks as she lies in his arms.

A tears falls from her eye. “Take me to the hospital, please.” She tells him.

He helps her up and escorts her to his Mercedes.

She’s holding her stomach. She starts turning a pale color.

“What are your symptoms, babe?” He asks as he drives like a race car driver to the nearest hospital.

She tries to speak but as her mouth opens vomit spills out all over his black interior. Her eyes get big. “I am so sorry!” She tells him as she takes her jacket off and tries to clean her mess up.

He gives her a half smile and continues to drive. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll clean it after I get you to a doctor.” He tells her and pulls into the emergency room. He walks her in.

“How can I help you?” The receptionist asks them.

“She passed out and vomited in my vehicle.” Chresanto notifies her.

The lady nods. “What’s her name and date of birth?”

Chresanto gives the lady the appropriate information and she hands him the bracelet that Sienna has to wear on her wrist.

“They’ll call her back soon.” She tells him.

He sits beside Sienna in silence staring straight forward.

Sienna glances at him for a moment. “You don’t have to stay. I appreciate you but you don’t have to.” She tells him as she stares at the ground.

He shakes his head. “As much as you want me to just walk away I promise you I’m not going to.” He tells her and continues staring straight ahead. He grabs her hand.

To her surprise she doesn’t feel the need to jerk away. At this moment she needs someone in her corner and she’s happy that it’s him. Someone who she knows will always have her back whether they’re together or not.

“Sienna Harris?” A nurse calls in from the back.

Sienna gets out of her seat and heads to the nurse. She stops for a moment and stares at Chresanto who’s looking down at the floor. “You coming with me?” She asks him weakly.

He looks up in amazement that she even wants him back there. He nods and follows.

They are seated in an examining room. A doctor comes in shortly after.

“So what’s the problem tonight?” The doctor asks her.

Sienna takes in a deep breath. “I started feeling light headed and my vision went blurry so I had to lie down. My stomach was aching and I vomited.” She explains to the doctor.

The doctor starts taking notes. “It sounds like maybe food poisoning but I’ll need to take a blood sample just to make sure.” He tells her and draws blood and leaves out.