Chapter 22- the dream

LEXIE'S POV

Jay and I are walking to class. All I hear is stuff about One Direction. I don't normally swear but it's god damn annoying. I roll my eyes every time I hear their name. We walk into class and Avery is sitting at her desk. Once all of the class is seated she stands up.

"Hello class." She greets us as we reply. "Today we are presenting your songs." My eyes go wide and she notices. She laughs a little. "I see most of you are surprised. I did this because when you perform you might not always be prepared. Make sense yes?" That does make sense. I nod to answer her. "Okay um I will call your name and you will come up and perform. First is Marci."

"I ugh, didn't get to finish the song." Marci replied. She is one of the girls that loves One Direction and wears way to much make up.

"Okay have it by tomorrow. Let me have Jaydea." I look next to me and Jays eyes are wide and she stands up from her seat next to me slowly.

"Um, okay." She walks to the front of the class. "Well I'm going to be singing I Am Woman by Jordan Sparks." She swallows a big gulp. She looks nervous but also looks comfortable.

"Why did you chose that song?" Mrs. Stone asked.

"Because I have grown and I am a new person. My life has been filled with complications and now that I'm free I am a new person. I am a new women." She goes to the computer and plays the karaoke. "I am woman, I am woman." She begins. I am so fascinated by her ability to go really low but also manage to hit high parts. When she sings she looks like nothing can stop her, nothing can bother her, she is free. She stops singing. The class claps.

"Great job. I love your voice. Very unusual to see a female hit tennior parts." Mrs. Stone smiles and Jay gladly returns the gesture. She calls more names and some people don't have it an some people do. Kyle went and his voice is really low. His voice isn't something that I care to much about. It's good just isn't good as Niall's. "Good job. Up next I want. Lexie." She looks at me and my eyes go wide. Like Jay I slowly stand up and walk to the front.

"What song are you singing?" She ask. My stomach is in nots and had flipped seven times. I have never performed in front of anyone before. Not even my parents.

"Skyscraper by Demi Lavato." I say quietly.

"Okay and why?" Should I tell them the truth. Jays eyes are on me an the look she is giving me is saying that she will support me no matter what. I take a deep breath in and exhale slowly.

"It just speaks to me. My past I something that I don't want to dwell on. I have a challenge in my life and now that I overcame it, I am a stronger person now." I smile at the ground. I need to play before I start to cry. "Do you have a guitar?" I ask and she nods. She points to a guitar in the corner. It looks a lot like Niall's an I smile. I pick up the guitar an sit down in a chair. I take the chain off my neck and put the pick in my hand. Another deep breath. I got this. I begin to strum as I take a breath and start to sing.

"Skies are crying, I am watching, catching year drops in my hands." I sing. I feel as if no one is in the room but me. I feel so free and at peace. I feel invincible. "Like a skyscraper." I breathed out as a finished the song. Silence. All I hear is silence. I look up and everyone's eyes were wide and mouths open. They are all looking at me. Jay has a smile on her face that says 'yep she's my bestfriend.' She looks proud. Kyle is the first to stand and applaud followed by the other class member.

"Wow. That was amazing. Your vocal range is amazing, your voice is so unique. I have no words. It was flawless. I love how much passion you had while singing. Nice job." Mrs. Stone complimented. She seems really surprised and excited. As I stand I put the pick on the chain and around my neck. The bell rings and I leave the class. As I'm walking to anatomy I get praises from a lot of people.