You dont understand

Mary went back to her room after her therapy session with Dr. Sullivan. She sat on her bed and thought about her daughters. How could they be so different? Spencer so kind, kept her composure in every situation, and was downright the smartest girl she knew. Then there was Alex, who used her brain to get I trouble, fought with her almost every day, and was such a hot head.

     She couldn't explain why her daughter acted that way and it sucked that Alex wasn't opening up to her. Mary decided she needed to sort this out and talk to her daughter about her recent behavior. She got off her bed and walked to her daughters' room. She looked through the small window in door in case her daughters had been sleeping.

    She saw Spencer holding and crying Alex on her rebel daughter's bed. She frantically knocked on the door in desperation to found out what happened. Spencer got up to open the door for her mother. Mary walked in, going straight to her crying daughter. "What happened?!" She begged to know. Alex couldn't answer as she was crying hysterically. 

    Spencer pulled her mother to the side and explained the situation. "It was Dr. Kingston" was all she said. Mary scoffed and backed away. Alex always complained to her about her treatment from Dr. Kingston, but she never could tell her actually what happened, so Mary always ignored it. She turned towards her daughter. 

      "Alex, I know you don't like him, but you can't keep complaining about him. He is your doctor, and whether you like it or not, you have to go to your therapy sessions." She was so fed up with Alex's complaining. Alex, who had previously been looking down, looked up at her mother, showing her the slash mark across her cheek.

      "Oh my goodness! Who did this to you!" She questioned in a panic. "I told you, it was Dr.Kingston." Spencer answered. Seeing her daughter like this, she had to believe her. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do. Wren was her doctor, he could do anything to make it seem like it was Alex's fault. 

     Mary went over and hugged her daughter close. "Well, there's nothing we can do." She explained. Alex shot off the bed and backed away. "He needs to be arrested!" She claimed. Mary walked up to Alex, putting her hand on her daughter's shoulder, but she flinched away. "You don't get it. You don't understand what happens behind closed doors do you?!" The crying girl screamed. "Then what happens behind closed doors Alex?" Mary asked.

     Alex didn't want to relive everything she had been through. She just sat in a chair in the corner of the room and cried. Spencer walked over and hugged her sister. It wasn't her decision to tell her mother about what her sister went through, so she stayed quiet. "See Alex, you can't let anyone in but you expect everyone to understand you." Mary told her. Her crying daughter looked up to her in disbelief. "Are you serious?! When have you ever tried to sit down, have a nice conversation with me! I'm not shutting you out, you just don't understand!" Alex argued.

     Spencer couldn't stand this any longer. She looked to her mother and mouthed the words "She was attacked." Then gestured to her sister's still messed up pants. Mary gasped, then walked towards her daughter. "Alex.." She reached out to touch the crying girl. "Get out." She responded. "Alex I didn't know." Her mother tried to apologize. Alex raised her head and looked at her mother hatefully. "GET OUT!" She screamed, get out from her chair, picking it up, and throwing it towards her.

     Nurses came into the room, including Eddie Lamb, the girls' main nurse. Some nurses escorted Mary and Spencer out of the room, while Eddie picked up a screaming Alex and carried her out of the room. She was kicking at him to let her go, but he was much taller and stronger than the girl. Spencer tried to get past the nurses, but they put back into her room and locked the door from the outside. Mary was put back into her own room. 

    Eddie brought Alex into a separate room for the night. He cleaned and bandaged her cheek, checked the bruising on her neck, and put a bandage on her arm. Back in her room, Spencer lied in her bed, looking over to her sister's empty bed. It had been the first time since they were born that didn't sleep in the same room. Even if they had fought, they still couldn't sleep alone. There was nothing she could do but wait.