Leaving

Mary walked past Alex's new room, and looked into the window of the door. Her daughter was laying there, staring at the ceiling. She tapped on the window, but Alex didn't move. She sighed and started to walk off when she bumped into a doctor. "Mary, what are you doing here?" He asked. "Dr. Kingston, I was just coming by to check on Alex." She answered.

"Well, I've got a therapy session with her now so, I should get to it." The doctor said, walking into the room. Mary hesitated before walking to her room and grabbing her bags. She walked back to her daughter's room to inform her that they were leaving. Spencer quickly changed into normal clothes and said goodbye to Toby, whose father was yelling for him because he couldn't stand to be there any longer.

The two promised to keep in touch and hugged before the boy left. Spencer grabbed her bags and started to walk out of the room when she stopped. She walked over to Alex's side and grabbed her sister's lucky rabbit foot of her nightstand, then left the room. She followed her mother through the hallway and stopped in front of Alex's door. She saw her sister sitting at a desk on the other side of the room.

Alex could feel someone staring at her from behind. She turned around in her chair and saw her twin sister in the window. She hurried over to her. "Spencer?" Alex asked. Being apart from her sister made her question if she was really here. "Yea Alex it's me." Spencer assured. Tears started to pour from Alex's eyes as she looked at her sister. Though her vision of Spencer was limited, she saw that her sister was wearing normal clothes and had bags in her hands

"Where are you going?" Alex asked, looking at the bags. "Oh um....mom and I are leaving." Spencer answered slowly. "What do you mean?" The caged brunette questioned. Her sister looked down, then back up. "We're being released." Spencer answered. Alex stepped back from the door and looked at her sister. "You're leaving without me." She said.

"It's not like that, believe me. Mom told me this morning." The young girl told her sister. Alex sighed and walked to her desk. She sat down at her chair, put her head in her hands and she cried softly. Spencer's heart broke for her sister. She didn't want to leave her, but their was nothing she could do.

"Alex I'm sorry." The older sister (Spencer) said, starting to tear up. She leaned her head on the door and sniffled. Alex opened the drawer of the desk in front of her. She took something out, holding it tight in her hand, and walked back to the door. Spencer looked up from the door and saw a rectangular piece of paper in her hand. "Don't forget me." Was all Alex said before slipping a photograph underneath the door, walking to her bed and taking a nap.

Spencer crouched down and picked up the photo. It was her and Alex, smiling. It had to have been taken recently, because they didn't look a day under 16, which they were now. It was rare for them both to be smiling, as one was always happy while the other was not. Spencer slipped the photo into her bag's front pocket and left. Mary was waiting for her at the entrance with her bags. "Aren't you happy to get out of here?" She asked her daughter. The young brunette looked back at the place she grew up in. It pained her to leave her little sister in a place like this, especially with him.

      Spencer nodded and followed her mother out of Radley's doors. She stood on the front steps and breathed in the fresh air, she was free.