New friends

Spencer stepped out of the taxi with her mother beside her and stared at the house before her. Mary had told her they were staying with one of her friends and though the brunette had never met this friend, she had to trust that her mother knew them well. Spencer followed her mother up the steps to the house and rang the door bell. After a few seconds, a blonde showed up at the door and stared at the two. "Hi, is Ted here?" Mary asked. The blonde went to get the requested man and disappeared into the kitchen.

          Ted showed and smiled at the two. "Mary, It's great to see you again." He said, hugging the brunette's mother. "It's nice to meet you Spencer." Ted shook hands with the teen and invited the duo inside. It was very nice and modern inside. A red head walked down the stairs and smiled. "Hi I'm Ashley. It's nice to meet you both." She greeted. Ashley told the two the guest room for Mary was fixed up and Spencer would be staying in her daughter's room.

             The brunette walked over to the kitchen where the blonde from before was sitting at the island, on her phone. Spencer took a seat across from the blonde and set her bag beside her. The blonde looked up from her phone to smile at the brunette. "I'm Hanna." She said, putting her phone down to engage in conversation. "I'm Spencer." The brunette said back. Hanna showed Spencer her room and where to find the bathroom.

            "These are the good soaps. My mom never lets me use them." The blonde joked. "My friend Alison Dilaurentis stayed here for a few days, and she used up all the good soaps, and my bubble bath." The teens laughed until Spencer had realized something. "Alison is your friend?" She asked. The blonde nodded. "Do you know her?" She questioned the brunette. "She's my cousin." She said. Hanna's eyes went wide.

              "Yea, our moms are twins. Ali and her mom stop by to see us. She's kind of a jerk to us." The brunette confessed. The blonde looked at her sympathetically. "Alison can be a jerk sometimes, but she's okay." Hanna told her. The two went downstairs for dinner. Ashley and Ted cooked a large meal for all five of them. Considering Spencer had been eating slop from Radley for all of her life, this was the best food she had ever eaten.

             Spencer and Hanna went back up to the blonde's room. After watching Tv for awhile, Hanna's phone buzzed and she got up from her bed. "I'm going to meet up with my friends. Do you want to come?" She asked the brunette. "Sure." Spencer answered. The two teens left the house and went into Hanna's car. She can drive? Spencer thought. Soon they arrived another house and got out of the car.

Spencer's POV

              The house was just as nice as Hanna's. Hanna greeted a woman in the kitchen and led me up the stairs. We walked through a hallway and into a room, where there were two other girls sitting on the bed. I stood behind my blonde friend as she greeted a tanned brown eyed girl and a pale hazel eyed girl. Hanna hugged the tanned girl, who she called Emily, while the hazel eyed girl walked up to me.

       "I'm Aria." She greeted, sticking her arm out to shake my hand. "I'm Spencer." I greeted back, accepting her handshake. "AND IM EMILY!" The tan girl yelled, being heavily squeezed by Hanna. We all laughed and Emily, whose room we were in, invited me on the bed. After I sat down, another blonde walked into the room. A blonde I didn't particularly want to see.

        "What's up!" Alison Dilaurentis walked into the room. She caught sight of me and changed her expression. "Oh...Spencer? Right?" She asked, acting like she hadn't seen me in years. "Yep, you saw me a week ago." I snapped back, while trying not to make this awkward for the other girls. Alison decided to ignore my response and sat on the bed. Though Emily's bed was quite small, we were all able to fit.

       We all decided to order pizza and as we ate, the girls asked me questions. "How old are you?" Aria asked. "16." I responded. "You're the same age as us!" Hanna squealed. "But I'm older." Alison said, just having to steal the spotlight. No one really paid attention when I sneaked a glare towards her. "Where are you from?" Emily questioned me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell the truth. But I'm just meeting these girls, they may be my new friends, I don't want to lie to them now.

      "I was born in Radley Sanitarium." I whispered, almost unable to hear. There was a silence in the room. I wasn't sure if they hadn't heard me, or if they did and nothing to say. I looked up and saw all of the girls looking at me. "So you've been in Radley....since you were born?" Aria asked. I nodded and it seemed like the girls were looking at me worriedly. "I'm not crazy! My mom just wanted to keep me with her." I responded.

      Everyone seemed to relax and smile again. "Why was your mom in Radley?" Hanna asked. I'm sure my mom wouldn't want me telling other people about her time in Radley. I really shouldn't tell them-"She killed a kid." Alison blurted out. "My mom told me. She was watching a kid who wouldn't shut up so she choked him." She seemed to smile a bit at the end. Aria, Emily, and Hanna look at me for confirmation. I only looked down and didn't say anything.

      "Let's change the subject." Emily offered. Good, I was getting uncomfortable talking about Radley. "Do you have any siblings?" She asked. "A single brother?" Hanna chimes in, laughing at the end. The girls laugh and I smile. Should I mention Alex? Mom had told me to forget all about her, but she's my sister. "I was told I had a brother named Charles, but I don't know where he is." I answered. "But that's the only sibling I have."

       After we finish our pizza, Hanna offers to have a sleepover back at her house. Us girls agree and all go home to pack out things. In only less than a day, I was released from Radley, got a new place to stay, met new friends, and now I'm having my first sleepover! Wow, outside life is gonna be fun.