First shopping trip

Spencer's POV

I change my clothes, getting ready to go out with the girls. Hanna said we were going to the mall. I asked her what that was, and she just said "wait and see." That kinda makes me worried.

"Spence, you ready?!" Hanna yells from downstairs. I yell back that I'm almost ready and put on my shirt. I go downstairs and see all the girls dressed. "Let's go!" Hanna screams, running out the door. We all laugh and head outside where the girls get into each of their cars, though Emily and Alison ride in one car. As I walk to Hanna's car, someone calls from behind me. "Hey Spence, wanna ride with me?" Aria asks. I tell her sure and get into her car. It definitely is more clean than Hanna's.

As we drive, Aria and I talk more, learning about each other. She has a little brother named Mike, her mother works at the same high school I'll be going to soon, and she's dating our teacher. Probably not something I want to know, but she told me. We arrive at the mall, and I stare at the large building in front of us. Walking inside, their are lots of people and stores all connected to each other. "Where should we go first?" Hanna asks. "You pick Spence." Emily says with a smile. I smile back and notice Alison glaring at me. "I don't know any of these stores." I say.

"Well, I'll choose for you." Hanna says, running into a store. We all follow and I look up at the sign. "Forever 21" here I come.

I can admit, after a few seconds in the store, I wanted to leave for the sake that I'd pick out something stupid and the girls would laugh at me. But when they said what I showed them was cute, it seemed...genuine, and I actually enjoyed myself. I bought some new outfits that looked better than anything I wore at Radley. After shopping some more, we go to the food court and I order a hot dog from Nathan's. I've never had a hot dog before, but the others seem to enjoy it, so I give it a try. It tasted surprisingly good.

     Leaving the food court, I saw someone I remembered from Radley. He saw me as well and smiled, walking over to us. "Spencer?" He said. "Toby!" I exclaimed, hugging him tight. We pulled away and I noticed him looking at the girls. "C'mon Spence, let's go." Hanna said, grabbing my arm. "Yea Spence lets go, Toby's a creep." Alison said. Emily and Aria looked down like they knew what Ali said was wrong, but didn't stop her. I yanked my hand away and grabbed Toby's, running off with him.

     We ran outside and stood at the entrance. "Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded, not having much to say. "Do you want to go back to them?" He then asked. "No. I don't think I want to be around them right now." I answered. "We can go to my house." Toby offered. I accepted and let him take me to his truck. I got into the passenger seat and looked back at the mall before we drove out of the parking lot.