Chapter Fifteen

(Niall's P.O.V.)

I sat down in the interview and watched Zayn. He was nervous for the question of who had a girlfriend. I looked at Louis and he seemed spaced out. I doubt he wanted to share. This may get awkward because it would just remind Harry of what had happened.

And then there was me. Hello, friend zone.

"So Liam you have girlfriend?" the woman asked. He nodded with a smile.

"Danielle Peazer."

"And Louis, you too?"

Harry went rigid and Louis looked a bit sad. "Um...no, not anymore," he mumbled. Her eyes went wide.

"Oh really? What happened?"

"Just didn't work out," he said. She raised her eyebrows and looked to Harry.

"Harry?"

"Still single, though I'm working on it," he said with a cheeky grin at the camera. I felt my body freeze. We all stared at him. He was still trying with Kat? She was watching this now, I wondered how she was reacting. They'd been trying to act normal.

"Okay, Zayn?"

Zayn coughed and played with his fingers a little. "I actually have a girlfriend now. Her name is Valerie Green and she's good friends with our manager's daughter, Katrina Martin, and both of them have been on tour with us this summer."

This resulted in a wave of questions, which Zayn answered easily. He was smiling the whole time while talking about Val. They made me so jealous. Kat wasn't easy.

"And Niall? Your status hasn't changed to taken, has it?"

I wish.

"No. I've still got my Nandos, though," I said with a smile.

(Kat's P.O.V.)

"Why would he say that? Val, why did he say that?" I asked. Harry was now staring at Liam, but that cheeky smile was for me. I didn't want it. Harry needed to just be okay with being my friend this was impossibly annoying.

"Dude. He's still trying?" Val asked. I groaned and put my face in my hands. "That's real perseverance right there. You gotta admire him on that. I would've given up like two months ago."

"Val. Not helping."

She sighed. "Just get him a different girl. He's probably still a man whore no matter how much he likes you," she said as if this was obvious.

"Where do I find him another girl?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"I don't know, maybe search the crowd of screaming girls?" she suggested. I considered this. It could work.

It could not work, as well. But it could. Then I'd stop feeling guilty for not dating Harry.

"Or you could just give the poor guy a chance. He's literally pining for you, Kat," Valerie said, interrupting my thoughts. I bit my nail.

"You think?"

She nodded. "I never understood why you didn't want to. It's just a date it's not like he's proposing."

I couldn't exactly explain. Ever since I was cheated on I never really wanted a boyfriend. But I did go on dates. Something about dating Harry scared the shit out of me.

"I don't know. I guess it wouldn't hurt to just...go on the date, would it?" I asked. She smiled and ruffled my hair.

"That's my girl."

(Harry's P.O.V.)

Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Katrina was watching and she'd know I was talking about her. Besides, her and Niall have been getting closer since our fight. But I had the feeling he was in the friend zone.